We're Alive!!

Hi. I swear we're alive and kickin'. Looks like my last post was on February 13th, so here's a quick lil' update to catch me back up on blogging.

February 14 - VALENTINE'S DAY!!
Valentine's Day snuck up on me and at the last minute I decided I wanted to get my kids a little valentine. So I ran over to price busters and bought them a bunch of candy, and then ran over to the Webkinz store and bought them all a new Valentine's Day Webkinz. I got a pink Frog with red heart spots for Matthew, a pink Monkey with red heart spots for Kenzie, a pink Puppy dog for Nathan, and a pink Platypus for Natalie. They were all very surprised!
That night we went to a Valentine's Day dance, where Matt and I danced Salsa and Merengue, and we all had a blast!!


February 18th - DAD PASSED AWAY :'o(
We all knew it was coming, but didn't think it would happen this soon. We were all shocked. So we got a Red Cross message approved for Uncle Sam to pay for us to fly to Arizona for the funeral. The upside of everything was that it was a big family reunion.
Above is the whole fam damily, including grandkids and great-grandkids.
Below is a picture of me and all of my siblings, except for Rick & Randy who couldn't make it. But here we all are:
Jana, Me, Jaylene, Allan, Jeanelle, Katie, Sandy & Marilyn
While I was in Arizona, I also took the opportunity to go see an old friend of mine who was in my ward in Idaho! It was great to see her and update eachother on our lives. I'm really glad we got to see her!
Here's me & my good friend Stephanie Ashcraft aka: "Mrs. 101" the author of many cookbooks called "101 Things to do With..." whatever. I also bought 8 new books while I was there ;o) (you can see them in my hand)

The last thing on my 'to-do' list in Arizona was to get a picture with a cactus!!
Here we all are, at a gas station, posing next to cactus' trying to look like cactus' ourselves:

It was hard to leave my dad's house for the last time, but I have peace knowing that he is not gone forever and that I will see him again very soon. I like to think that he's just on an extended vacation and forgot his cell phone :o)
Here are a few of my favorite pictures of my Dad:
I miss my dad a lot!
Thank you to everyone who has shown us your love and support and prayers for our family during this difficult time in our life.


March 7th - TODAY
Back to the real world! We got back to Hawaii a week ago, and Jaylene & Justin came to visit 5 days after we got home. So now we get to play with Rylee and Carsen while Jaylene & Justin play tourist in Hawaii!

Here's a video of Rylee playing with me. It sure takes her a while to warm up to ya!



There! Now I'm all caught up. We've got a million things going on, and I definitely can find things to blog about, I just haven't found the motivation lately. Right now we are on our way out the door going to a movie with the kids. I get released from YW tomorrow, and am going to earn my YW Medallion before I leave. And we have no orders, and we move to Washington in 34 days. And Matthew has earned his Wolf in Cub Scouts and it'll be presented to him at the next (his last) pack meeting. And and and.... just put me to sleep and wake me up when we're moved into a house in Washington!

Comments

Ashley said…
All I can say is your family will be missed! I am so thankful for your friendship and that I had a chance to get to know you better in 1st ward. My girls will miss your kiddos so much! Let me know if I can help in any way with the move, drop the kids off if you need a break or whatever. Just let me know!
Becky said…
I love the pictures of your family. Sad reason, but I'm glad you all were able to get together. I know how much you will miss Hawaii so I'm sorry you have to leave but I'm selfish and I'm excited you will be here again. We are so excited.