Mele Kalikimaka

The rule in our house is:
You can't leave your bedroom until 8:00am, unless mom or dad is already up.
So at 8am sharp, there was a knock at our bedroom door,
"It's EIGHT O'CLOCK!"
So we got up and unleashed the beasts to go downstairs to see if Santa came.

Sure enough. He came!
So they all got their stockings down to see what they got this year.

Even Zoey got a stocking
She likes oranges too!

Then it was time to open Christmas presents.
WARNING:
There are A LOT of pictures coming up, so suffer through it!
I'm gonna post 'em as I took 'em!

Mom & Dad got an ornament from Nathan that he made in school:

Santa gave Matthew just what he asked for!!
Christmas Cookies in a "circle" tin:

This was a last-minute gift for Kenzie.
She loves the "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" books!

A Batman motorized race track from Santa!
Here's a video of Nathan & Natalie playing with it:


A Cabbage Patch Kid for Nan.
She was so excited, she forgot to get dressed!

A doggy for Matthew from Kenzie

A panda bear for Nathan from Kenzie

A teddy bear for Dad with a tie that says "#1 Dad" from Kenzie

A little white puppy for Natalie from Kenzie

A yellow duck with a pink hat for Mom from Kenzie

A Monkey bracelet/ring/necklace set from Santa

A Crocodile Webkinz!!

An Eagle Webkinz

A Kangaroo Webkinz

A Buffalo Webkinz
(Matthew's favorite gift of all)

A DVD from Santa to the whole Family

Diary of a Wimpy Kid #1&2
Matthew hasn't read them yet

A butterfly watch

A grocery basket with food!!

Another Lifesavers book!

WarioLand SHAKE IT for the Wii

Mario Kart for Wii

Cars aka "Speedo" watch for Nate

Another Lifesavers book for Nan

A pretty princess watch for Nanny

A BONE NECKLACE carved by Tafu for Nathan!!

Fake Snow?
Here's a video of us trying out our "fake snow":


...and MORE fake snow!

A pink bunny for Nan from Kenz

A green lizard for Nate from Kenz

Little tiny Army Men from Great-Grandma Fergy
(even though she passed away in early July, grandma had little presents for her great-grandkids tucked away in her house. So Dick & Becky sent them with their presents. Very fun)

An MP3 Player!!!
Just what she wanted, but didn't ask for!!!

Hawaiian Fun Barbie from Great-Grandma!
It's practically vintage! After looking at Barbie's "shades" I looked at the date. 1990!!

Dinosaur puzzles for Mr. Puzzle-Master

An M&M with a hat that says, "Major Attitude" from Kenzie :o)

A doll from great-grandma

A cute hand print poem from Natalie from her Sunbeam class
So sweet that Reina and I teared up as Matt read it!


Natalie got a BONE NECKLACE carved by Tafu too!
Hers has Abalone shell in it!!

Whoo Hoo!
Lego Batman!!

Mama's prized possession.
It's a tile i found at the Swap Meet
I LOVE this hula girl!

Matthew got an MP3 player TOO!!!

"It's fun gettin' inta Trouble"
remember the commercial??

Pots & Pans for Nannie to cook her food in!

A Vehicle Puzzle for Nathan.

An Army Watch for Matthew

A cool little scrapbook thingy that Kenzie made at Faith In God for Girls:And it unfolds and shows you what they did this year:

A buncha Family board games!!

Very Sexy DARE!!!
LOL @ the name! but it smells good.

OOOOOH! The BIG present from Aaron & Reina!!
It was a letter expressing their appreciation to us for opening our home to them in their time of need, and to show their gratitude, they're paying admission for all 6 of us into the Hawaiian Waters Adventure Park whenever we wanna go!!

A pair of slipper earrings that Daddy & the kids picked out as a surprise for Mommy while she was at the Temple on Tuesday night!!

Then it was Reina & Aaron's turn to open their presents
(they wanted to wait till we were done)
Reina got lots of good stuff including this caboodle full of makeup!

Aaron got a big fluffy COLTS hat!

Matty sportin' da Colts hat!

That was the end of presents.

Here's Matt & Kenzie playing Mario Kart, while Kenzie listens to her MP3 Player:

Zoey got in trouble for stealing a few pieces of candy:
I also bought our 2008 ornaments from Santa's Pen at the Dole Plantation.

This one is the Family ornament:
It says 2008 on a little palm tree above santa

And each of the kids have their own ornament that they can hang on a tree when they're all growed up away from home:
Little Hula Girls and Hula Boys!

It was a great Christmas. Almost TOO much. I haven't found the happy medium yet. I either WAY underdo it, or WAY overdo it. . . Maybe next year I'll get it right.

Comments

Jeanelle said…
I loved all of the pictures!! It made me feel like I was there. :) And i think I want one of those personalized ornaments at Dole. How much and do they have them all the time so you could just pick one up for me next time you're there???
Chantell said…
Looks like you guys had a blast! love all the pics!....Zoey begging for the orange is hillarious :)
djferguson said…
Looks like you had alot of fun. Let me know how that wario shake it game is I wanted to get it. I love the fake snow. I bought some the same time that Becky did but since it actually snowed this year we are saving it for another time. You present will be there shortly, sorry for the delay.
Ashley said…
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Matthew and Natalie have grown up so much since we saw them. I can't believe it. Merry Christmas! PS I posted some of the pics you emailed me on my blog, thanks again for them.
Becky said…
What fun seeing all the pictures. I know how long it takes to upload those to your blog and I appreciate it. I love seeing them all and it looks like it was a fun day for everyone. I got tears as soon as I saw the little hand print poem cuz I knew what it said. Doesn't seem like it now, but you really will miss it. I miss my little kids all the time. I love them all grown up too, but I still miss them when they were little - even with the fingerprints all over.
Stephanie said…
Looks like you had a great Christmas!