Where did the time go?
Just the other day he was my little baby boy who was always getting into things:
(this is one of Matthew's favorite pictures of himself)
Once we were all awake this morning, we came downstairs and Matthew wanted to open his card from Grandma & Grandpa Fergy.
He was very excited to see the much anticipated check inside. I went ahead and transferred that amount onto his check card so he can add it to his funds already on his card. It works.
Then I went and got the lava lamp that I bought for his room
(since his last one stopped bubbling). He was excited about that.
And while he was putting that together, Dad went outside and came back in with a brand new bike!! Watch the video below of his reaction.
(he does a double take)
I hafta say that Matthew is not the best on 'reaction' but... he says he likes it. It's a mountain bike so he's going to have to get used to the gears and all that. But it's a pretty cool bike!!
Here's Dad pumping up the tires:
After church and dinner, we sang to Matthew and ate the ice cream cake that we bought for him from the Commissary.
Blow out the candles!!
Dig in!
He had a good birthday! His last birthday in Hawaii :'o(
Next is Nathan's birthday in May. We'll be in Washington for that one and will have LOTS of friends and family there to celebrate it with us. It's definitely bitter-sweet leaving this place.
Comments