Tuesday = Met Hurley, Haleiwa, Sea Turtles
After getting Dolly from the airport, we went out to lunch and then picked up Natalie from Maggie's house and then went home to eat our lunch we bought. After we got the kids home from school, we came home and let them change their pants and shoes and then went up to Haleiwa Ali'i Beach Park to try and see if there were any Honu out sunbathing. No such luck, but we had fun in the sand for a bit. After a while, we decided to drive over to the other beach that always has turtles. And sure enough, it did. Two. One big and one little. But at least we got to see the turtles.
After getting Dolly from the airport, we went out to lunch and then picked up Natalie from Maggie's house and then went home to eat our lunch we bought. After we got the kids home from school, we came home and let them change their pants and shoes and then went up to Haleiwa Ali'i Beach Park to try and see if there were any Honu out sunbathing. No such luck, but we had fun in the sand for a bit. After a while, we decided to drive over to the other beach that always has turtles. And sure enough, it did. Two. One big and one little. But at least we got to see the turtles.
Wednesday = USS Arizona, Swap Meet, Car Wash, KFC, Shave Ice, Bowling
Wednesday was a really busy day! We spent the morning at the USS Arizona Memorial, which Dolly really loved, went to KMart and ate pizza, and then headed to the Swap Meet for a couple hours of shopping. Nathan was home sick that day, and Matt was home with the movers, so it actually worked out perfectly! Since Nathan was home sick, the older two walked home by themselves, and I didn't need to be back in time to get them at 12:45. Bridget went and picked up Natalie and brought her back to the house to Matt, so that worked out too. It was really nice to not have to go by a timeline for once! I'm always on a schedule!! After the Swap Meet we came home and watched the movers finish up for the day, and then headed to Waikele where we ate dinner at KFC (Dolly's favorite) and then went to have a Shave Ice at my favorite shave ice stand. After that, we came home to a mostly empty house and let our boredom get the better of us, and decided to get out of the house and go bowling!! It was lots of fun. There were a lot of locals there (since bowling and Popeyes are apparently the two things that locals come on post for most), but since we were military (the ONLY military family) we got the next spot in line. We got two lanes, one for the kids, and one for the adults. Dolly whooped us all, and I came in second, and poor Matt was last. We all had a lot of fun! Busy day!!

Wednesday was a really busy day! We spent the morning at the USS Arizona Memorial, which Dolly really loved, went to KMart and ate pizza, and then headed to the Swap Meet for a couple hours of shopping. Nathan was home sick that day, and Matt was home with the movers, so it actually worked out perfectly! Since Nathan was home sick, the older two walked home by themselves, and I didn't need to be back in time to get them at 12:45. Bridget went and picked up Natalie and brought her back to the house to Matt, so that worked out too. It was really nice to not have to go by a timeline for once! I'm always on a schedule!! After the Swap Meet we came home and watched the movers finish up for the day, and then headed to Waikele where we ate dinner at KFC (Dolly's favorite) and then went to have a Shave Ice at my favorite shave ice stand. After that, we came home to a mostly empty house and let our boredom get the better of us, and decided to get out of the house and go bowling!! It was lots of fun. There were a lot of locals there (since bowling and Popeyes are apparently the two things that locals come on post for most), but since we were military (the ONLY military family) we got the next spot in line. We got two lanes, one for the kids, and one for the adults. Dolly whooped us all, and I came in second, and poor Matt was last. We all had a lot of fun! Busy day!!
Thursday = Bored @ Home, Dole, Laie, McD's, Pinewood Derby
We really didn't do much on Thursday because Matt needed the car to run some errands, and we've had to share the van ever since Matt sold his Toyota Pup about a month ago. I'll be happy to have two cars again! We spent a good part of the day at home watching the movers, until Matt came back and didn't need the van anymore, then we went to Wal Mart and then to Jamba Juice to get a "White Gummy Bear" off of the 'secret menu' that no one knows about. She was right... the drink tasted exactly like a white gummy bear! I gotta find out what else is on the 'secret menu'. Apparently Mark used to work there, and that's how she got all of her inside info. After that we went home for a little while longer and then decided to drive up to Laie for Dolly to take so me pictures by the Laie, Hawaii Temple for her boyfriend Wake aka "Chad" who is LDS. On our way there, we decided to stop at Dole for a quick tour. Dolly did the 'Pick A Pearl' two times and got a white one the first time, and then a BLACK one the second! I was so jealous! Then we went outside and looked at the pineapples and the koi fish, and then took pictures as giant pineapples. It was fun! Then we continued on up to La'ie. I was all excited to see the Temple until I took the turn in Laie that you can see the temple from and remembered that the Temple is under CONSTRUCTION and saw that it was all gray looking instead of pretty white! I was so disappointed, but we decided to go to the Visitors Center anyway. We took a picture next to the Christus Statue, looked around, and then went outside and took a bunch of fun pictures. At one point, I got caught picking a Hibiscus flower and then turned into a complete liar and pretended like I was visiting Hawaii so I wouldn't get in trouble for picking flowers!! haha! The lady didn't care anyway. After our fun little Temple photoshoot, we drove over to BYU Hawaii for Dolly to see it. We went to the BYU Bookstore where Dolly looked for a Volleyball t-shirt (but they didn't have any) and I made off with a Hawaiian Book of Mormon for $5.00! I was very excited! After BYU-H we went over to my favorite Polynesian McDonalds with the waterfall inside for an ice cream cone. Dolly got an ice cream cone and I got a Banana Pie A La Mode. After our ice cream we took a few photo ops with a Ronald McDonald statue, a PCC bus that was leaving, and some tiki's outside of the PCC. Then we took pics at Hukilau Beach on our way home. We had to hurry because Matthew had his Pinewood Derby that night at 6:00 and he was also getting a lot of awards that night, including his Wolf! So we hurried home, and made it just in time for everyone to pile out of the house and into the car as we pulled up. The Pinewood Derby was fun. Matthew got all of his awards, pinned me, and won 2nd PLACE in the pack!! We were very excited! Then we went home to a COMPLETELY EMPTY house to sleep in, but luckily Bridget loaned us a few air mattresses to sleep on. THAT was an interesting night!
We really didn't do much on Thursday because Matt needed the car to run some errands, and we've had to share the van ever since Matt sold his Toyota Pup about a month ago. I'll be happy to have two cars again! We spent a good part of the day at home watching the movers, until Matt came back and didn't need the van anymore, then we went to Wal Mart and then to Jamba Juice to get a "White Gummy Bear" off of the 'secret menu' that no one knows about. She was right... the drink tasted exactly like a white gummy bear! I gotta find out what else is on the 'secret menu'. Apparently Mark used to work there, and that's how she got all of her inside info. After that we went home for a little while longer and then decided to drive up to Laie for Dolly to take so me pictures by the Laie, Hawaii Temple for her boyfriend Wake aka "Chad" who is LDS. On our way there, we decided to stop at Dole for a quick tour. Dolly did the 'Pick A Pearl' two times and got a white one the first time, and then a BLACK one the second! I was so jealous! Then we went outside and looked at the pineapples and the koi fish, and then took pictures as giant pineapples. It was fun! Then we continued on up to La'ie. I was all excited to see the Temple until I took the turn in Laie that you can see the temple from and remembered that the Temple is under CONSTRUCTION and saw that it was all gray looking instead of pretty white! I was so disappointed, but we decided to go to the Visitors Center anyway. We took a picture next to the Christus Statue, looked around, and then went outside and took a bunch of fun pictures. At one point, I got caught picking a Hibiscus flower and then turned into a complete liar and pretended like I was visiting Hawaii so I wouldn't get in trouble for picking flowers!! haha! The lady didn't care anyway. After our fun little Temple photoshoot, we drove over to BYU Hawaii for Dolly to see it. We went to the BYU Bookstore where Dolly looked for a Volleyball t-shirt (but they didn't have any) and I made off with a Hawaiian Book of Mormon for $5.00! I was very excited! After BYU-H we went over to my favorite Polynesian McDonalds with the waterfall inside for an ice cream cone. Dolly got an ice cream cone and I got a Banana Pie A La Mode. After our ice cream we took a few photo ops with a Ronald McDonald statue, a PCC bus that was leaving, and some tiki's outside of the PCC. Then we took pics at Hukilau Beach on our way home. We had to hurry because Matthew had his Pinewood Derby that night at 6:00 and he was also getting a lot of awards that night, including his Wolf! So we hurried home, and made it just in time for everyone to pile out of the house and into the car as we pulled up. The Pinewood Derby was fun. Matthew got all of his awards, pinned me, and won 2nd PLACE in the pack!! We were very excited! Then we went home to a COMPLETELY EMPTY house to sleep in, but luckily Bridget loaned us a few air mattresses to sleep on. THAT was an interesting night!
Friday = Ice Skating
We didn't do a whole lot on Friday either. Matt had the car at work, and we waited at the house for the Aloha Furniture to arrive. I was surprised when there was a knock at my door at noon. I knew they were supposed to come in the "afternoon" but I didn't know it would be that early. So that was a pleasant surprise. We have furniture!! After that, we went out for a bit, and then to the Ice Palace for everyone to ice skate. I remembered, once again, that I do NOT like ice skating! It HURTS! My dang ankles and shins hurt. I guess I wasn't "doing it right" according to Dolly, but I just didn't get it! Kenzie & Dolly had fun skating around the ring, while the other 3 kids stayed in the kiddie area with their little walkers to help them get the hang of it. Later in the evening Natalie asked Daddy if she could go out on the ice with the big people, and Daddy told her that she couldn't take her walker onto that side. So a few minutes later, I look over, and there's Natalie with a huge smile on her face, NO WALKER, and her feet going as fast as they can while she's making her little way across the ice with no help!! How cute! So I pointed it out to Matt and he realized that she did that just so that she could go on the "big ice" so he took her out for a lap. So sweet. Matthew eventually learned to let go of the walker and took a few laps around the ring too. Nathan held onto his walker the whole time and occasionally stood to the side to "take a break". He's so funny. Ice skating was more fun for me to WATCH rather than DO! I can't wait to get to Washington and take my kids ROLLER skating!! now THAT will be FUN!
We didn't do a whole lot on Friday either. Matt had the car at work, and we waited at the house for the Aloha Furniture to arrive. I was surprised when there was a knock at my door at noon. I knew they were supposed to come in the "afternoon" but I didn't know it would be that early. So that was a pleasant surprise. We have furniture!! After that, we went out for a bit, and then to the Ice Palace for everyone to ice skate. I remembered, once again, that I do NOT like ice skating! It HURTS! My dang ankles and shins hurt. I guess I wasn't "doing it right" according to Dolly, but I just didn't get it! Kenzie & Dolly had fun skating around the ring, while the other 3 kids stayed in the kiddie area with their little walkers to help them get the hang of it. Later in the evening Natalie asked Daddy if she could go out on the ice with the big people, and Daddy told her that she couldn't take her walker onto that side. So a few minutes later, I look over, and there's Natalie with a huge smile on her face, NO WALKER, and her feet going as fast as they can while she's making her little way across the ice with no help!! How cute! So I pointed it out to Matt and he realized that she did that just so that she could go on the "big ice" so he took her out for a lap. So sweet. Matthew eventually learned to let go of the walker and took a few laps around the ring too. Nathan held onto his walker the whole time and occasionally stood to the side to "take a break". He's so funny. Ice skating was more fun for me to WATCH rather than DO! I can't wait to get to Washington and take my kids ROLLER skating!! now THAT will be FUN!
Saturday = Baby Shower, Kolekole, Shave Ice, Shopping
TODAY!!! This morning we went to baby shower for Amanda Hicks (a girl I visit teach) who is having her 4th baby. It was at Maggie's house at 10:30am, but Dolly and I went at 10am since I was supposed to help with the shower. We planned on going to the beach after the baby shower, until about halfway through the shower I got a text from Matt asking if Nathan was supposed to go to a birthday party. I totally FORGOT! Caden Allred had invited Nathan to go to Chuck E. Cheese that day, and I completely forgot. So there went the beach. We'd have to wait for Nathan to come home. The shower was fun and we stayed for a few hours and then went home. After Nathan came home we decided to hike up Kolekole Pass with Dolly. It was a beautiful sunny day, and we hate to waste it, so we went. It was a good hike and we took lots of pictures on the top, and then drove down to Waikele for a Shave Ice afterward. When we planned to go to the beach earlier, I realized that I accidentally left my swimming suit to be backed with our household goods! So we had fun going to Old Navy and Wal Mart, putting together the perfect NEW swimsuit for me. Matt is so nice to me :o) Tomorrow we are going to hike Diamond Head. BUSY WEEK!
Sunday = Diamond Head
Today was an interesting day. We woke up this morning and left at 8:30am to hike Diamond Head State Monument. That was fun. It was the kids' first time, and they made it all the way up! We bought a little certificate at the top that said we climbed Diamond Head. That was fun. Then we came home and showered and got ready for church. Good thing it was at 1:30! We had plenty of time. I thought I would get my YW Recognition Award but I didn't, so hopefully I'll get it next Sunday since that's our last Sunday here.
TODAY!!! This morning we went to baby shower for Amanda Hicks (a girl I visit teach) who is having her 4th baby. It was at Maggie's house at 10:30am, but Dolly and I went at 10am since I was supposed to help with the shower. We planned on going to the beach after the baby shower, until about halfway through the shower I got a text from Matt asking if Nathan was supposed to go to a birthday party. I totally FORGOT! Caden Allred had invited Nathan to go to Chuck E. Cheese that day, and I completely forgot. So there went the beach. We'd have to wait for Nathan to come home. The shower was fun and we stayed for a few hours and then went home. After Nathan came home we decided to hike up Kolekole Pass with Dolly. It was a beautiful sunny day, and we hate to waste it, so we went. It was a good hike and we took lots of pictures on the top, and then drove down to Waikele for a Shave Ice afterward. When we planned to go to the beach earlier, I realized that I accidentally left my swimming suit to be backed with our household goods! So we had fun going to Old Navy and Wal Mart, putting together the perfect NEW swimsuit for me. Matt is so nice to me :o) Tomorrow we are going to hike Diamond Head. BUSY WEEK!
Sunday = Diamond Head
Today was an interesting day. We woke up this morning and left at 8:30am to hike Diamond Head State Monument. That was fun. It was the kids' first time, and they made it all the way up! We bought a little certificate at the top that said we climbed Diamond Head. That was fun. Then we came home and showered and got ready for church. Good thing it was at 1:30! We had plenty of time. I thought I would get my YW Recognition Award but I didn't, so hopefully I'll get it next Sunday since that's our last Sunday here.
Comments