A Saturday with my Sister

As you may or may not know, my sister Katie is visiting with a group of friends on O'ahu this weekend, and today we went to the Swap Meet together. Kids and all!! Matt had to work :o( Christa and Ryan also met us there! It was fun!

I always love going to the swap meet because I can always find something new that I want to buy. I'm waiting to buy my 'Hawaii' luggage until before we leave. No luggage today... just more poi balls, and these really cool paintings of the kids' names that I'd never seen before!!!

Here's the artist painting Natalie's name:
You just write you name on a little piece of paper and he paints it! He's amazing!
And only $1 per letter!
Here's all of my kids holding up their names:
Very cool!

A little ways down, we saw this guy (who I love to watch) hand carving a tiki:


Here's Nathan watching him:
We can't get one because they are so expensive, but it's still fun to watch.

4 hours later, I was tiiiiiired! So were the kids, but they were SO well behaved! I promised them Shave Ice after we left the swap meet. So Katie, Dana, & their friend Kirsten followed us to Waikele to my favorite Shave Ice stand! Of course I had bubble gum with ice cream in the bottom and mochi balls, and the kids shared two.

Pretty soon Katie, Dana, & Kirsten had to go, but I promised my Dad a picture of Me & Katie so We had Dana take one of us with our Shave Ice:

Now, all my life, I've been called a "Katie Clone" because apparently we look like, or have looked like each other, at one point and time in our lives. I'll let YOU be the judge:
Okay, yes, I see the resemblance... But we only share a dad.
So how does that explain how me & my MOM look alike??:
I dunno... Do I take after my DAD? or my MOM?

Anyway, we said goodbye and then me & the kids + Christa & Ryan found ourselves across the road on a little grass divider warming up in the sun while finishing our Shave Ice:
After that, we went to Old Navy, the parted ways, and now here I am at home :o)

P.S. if anyone wants one of those name thingys, lemme know and I'll get one for ya ;o)

Comments

Frank & Moana said…
Very coooool. Yes, I see the resemblance with you and your sister. And that picture with your mom is hilarious!

I gotta check out that shaved-ice place you've been raving about!
Traci said…
Hey JeniLee,
Is there a website I can go to to order those name prints? did the guy give you a card or anything? they are very cool! It all looks so fun!!
Becky said…
Matsumoto's Shave Ice??? MMmmmmmm. Glad you had a good visit.
Angela said…
You crack me up all the time! You look like both of them for sure. I had a great laugh!