Ok, so I have to admit that I have NOT been in the blogging mood for quite a while, but what happened today DEFINITELY calls for a blog post!!
As you may or may not know, Matt has been working at the gate writing passes for people who want on post and don't have military ID's. He works 2 days, and has 3 off. It's kinda nice, but that's besides the point. Today after he went to work, he text messaged me and said, "The cast of Lost is going to be on post today". I was visiting teaching with Maggie when I got it and almost crapped my pants. Immediately I was on a mission to find the cast of Lost!!! I even took Natalie out of school early so I could get back in the car and track down this "black ford explorer" who was their escort. We'd been driving back and forth from the Tropics (where I heard they were gonna be) and the gate (where they have to come in). Then Matt texts me and says, "I just got a shaka from Hurley!" OH my gosh!!
As you may or may not know, Matt has been working at the gate writing passes for people who want on post and don't have military ID's. He works 2 days, and has 3 off. It's kinda nice, but that's besides the point. Today after he went to work, he text messaged me and said, "The cast of Lost is going to be on post today". I was visiting teaching with Maggie when I got it and almost crapped my pants. Immediately I was on a mission to find the cast of Lost!!! I even took Natalie out of school early so I could get back in the car and track down this "black ford explorer" who was their escort. We'd been driving back and forth from the Tropics (where I heard they were gonna be) and the gate (where they have to come in). Then Matt texts me and says, "I just got a shaka from Hurley!" OH my gosh!!
For those of you who don't share my excitement or who don't know who Hurley is, he is a character on my favorite show LOST! His actual name is Jorge Garcia, but I like Hurley. Here's a picture of him:

So Matt told us what kind of car he was driving and where they turned. Luckily, Maggie and I weren't far, and we were at the red light of where they were going to cross. Then we saw the black ford explorer with the lexus behind it and we screamed!! I was staring and Maggie told me not to stare, but I couldn't help it! Then OUR light turned green. Crap! So we turned where we thought they were going to go. Then we came to a stop sign and they were behind us. So we went straight. THEN they turned into the barracks parking lot. Dang it!! So we drove around the block and by the time we got back around, they were already inside. :o( But I took a picture of the black Lexus, dang it!!!!
Here's Hurley's Car parked at the DFAC:
UGH! I'm so sad that we missed him, but I'm fulfilled by the fact that he waved the shaka at Matt :o)
And that was the highlight of my day :o) Probably WEEK :o)
Here's Hurley's Car parked at the DFAC:
UGH! I'm so sad that we missed him, but I'm fulfilled by the fact that he waved the shaka at Matt :o)And that was the highlight of my day :o) Probably WEEK :o)
Comments