On Monday night, we had our good friends, The Laumatias, over for my famous Potato Soup for dinner. The previous night was Aloha Friday where we shared our different cultures. Ku'uipo is 1/2 Maori (New Zealand) and she demonstrated the poi ball twirl. I was TOTALLY jealous and wanted to know how to do it! So when she came over on Saturday, I grabbed Kenzie's poi balls that she got as a party favor one time made out of garbage bags, and asked her to teach me.
She showed me... I tried it... FAILED MISERABLY! Matt tried it...totally did it! That made my blood boil, so I practiced for the next four days, and NOW I GOT IT!! This is a major accomplishment for me! It's one of those things that you completely suck at doing, and then you practice, and practice and then that feeling when you finally GET IT!
I CAN TWIRL POI BALLS!!!
Comments
Ha-ha!
Sydney