Wahiawa 1st Ward Christmas Party

Tonight was the Wahiawa 1st Ward's Christmas Party.
It started at 6:00pm, so we arrived promptly at 6:05pm, knowing that we would still be early, which we were. Church functions in Hawaii tend to start 30 minutes after they're supposed to. I like to be 'on time', so I hope I don't end up being late all the time once we move to Washington!

Here's Daddy & his Nan:

Silly faces!
(Why is the inside of Matt's nostril sparkling?)
(he said, "I had an idea")

Matthew coloring a Christmas picture:

McKenzie looking surprised:

Here's our friend Macy who we sat next to:

And Macy's crazy cute little sister Mia:

First we ate goooood food. Some rice (as always) teriyaki beef, chow mein noodles, and a bunch of other island style food which is why I'm so fat now.

After dinner came the entertainment.
We had the privilege of having Manu perform a Samoan Slap Dance for us!
Who else's ward party has a half naked man slapping himself as their entertainment??
Watch the video:



Then the Relief Society did a hula.
I JUST learned this hula this morning, which explains why I'm not very good at it, and I'm between Maria & Steph who don't know it very well either, so we bump into each other the whole time. It's entertaining to watch. I wish I could hula like Crystal!



After the R.S. hula, the Elders Quorum came up and sang 'Silent Night'.
It was so nice that I had to get a video of Matt actually singing in front of people!



At the end, Santa came!
Kenzie sat on his lap first:

Then Nathan

and Natalie

Matthew didn't want to sit on Santa's lap because he recognized "Santa" as his friend's dad!!

All in all, it was a really fun night.
And I ended up with 2 cute pictures of Matt and I!

MERRY CHRISTMAS
MELE KALIKIMAKA
FELIZ NAVIDAD
JOYEUX NOEL

Comments

I miss Wahiawa 1st ward!!!! This post made me want to cry. Missing HI & thw fergs.