Surf's Up!


Hooray for big waves on the North Shore!!!

Today was our annual Family Picture! Last year, it took us like 4 different times, re-scheduling and what-not, just to get our family picture finally taken. And then it started POURING about an hour into it! We got a rainbow before it poured, but still.... you can say 'it rained on our parade'. So I was THRILLED when I woke up this morning to birds singing and blue skies. And I've been praying all week that we would have good weather today for our family picture. And guess what... Heavenly Father answers prayers!!! Even dumb ones about weather!!

I'd heard that the waves were going to be big on Thursday and Friday, but I wasn't sure if they'd still be big of our family picture today (saturday), and they WERE!!!

Here's a couple videos of the amazing giant waves;

This is a short video showing you the loud ROAR of the huge waves when they crash up onto the shore. The beginning of the video is quiet, and then you hear the CRASH!
(listen for Nan's cute voice too)



Here is a video of the crazy PEOPLE that were playing in the waves! I'm amazed no one drowned!



Here are the kids watching the waves while we waited for Chantell to arrive. We were a few minutes early. But it was worth the wait. The waves were breathtaking!The perfect day for pictures!
Bright Sun & Big Waves!!

The kids are SO good while we get our pictures taken. We have to take turns, and they are always so patient. Here's Kenzie preoccupying herself while she waited for the boys to get their pictures done:

And here's Natalie entertaining herself:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE these signs!
They crack me up!
Notice Natalie in the background too:

Almost sunset...

Here's Chantell working her photographic magic!

Someone even broke their board in the huge waves!
Don't worry, I'm sure she left it out of the picture ;o)

I can't WAIT to see how they turn out!!

Comments

Stephanie said…
You are definitely going to miss it.