Natalie's Head Start Field Trip

Today I got to go on my very first field trip with Natalie's preschool class!
They were taking a trip to the Pearlridge Mall in Aiea to see Santa. But due to limited seats on the bus, the parents who wanted to wanted to go just met them at the mall.

They were a little bit late. But after frantically running back & forth across the mall, I finally found them!!
Here's my happy Nan:

I found her class in front of the little Train ride. Since the teachers couldn't pay for all of the children, the suggested that the moms who DID want to pay for their kids to go on the train ride ($3), go ahead and do it while they went to the other side to see Santa. And Ms. Cathy PROMISED ME that they would wait for us (Natalie & one other girl) before they saw Santa. So I said, "ok" and then bought Natalie's Train ride ticket.

Here's the Nan patiently waiting her turn:

The decorations were very fun!
Big Christmas trees and presents,

A giant Toy Soldier,
and the biggest red wagon I've ever seen!

Here's Jillian & Natalie waiting for their turn on the train:

Here it comes!

She's got her ticket!

"Thank you"

All buckled in and ready to go

Here's a little video of Nan's train ride:


All done.

Here's a little view from the 2nd level:
After the train ride, we went upstairs and caught the SkyCab to Downtown where Santa was. As we were coming down the escalator, I caught eyes with Ms. Cathy, and she mouths to me, "We already went!" with an 'oh crap' look on her face. I was kinda mad after she'd promised me and all. But she asked Santa if he'd do it one more time, and he agreed. So Natalie didn't miss out!

Here's Petersen Head Start getting ready to see Santa
(apparently I missed the note that said to dress your kid in red! haha!)

YAY! IT'S SANTA!!

Nan & her friends waiting for the SkyCab back to Uptown:

When we got back Uptown, we found a good spot where they all sat down to eat lunch!

Lunch Time!
After lunch was over, I went ahead and took Natalie home with me.
It was a very fun field trip!

Comments