A Fond Farewell

Today we went to the airport and bid a fond farewell to our favorite missionary, Elder Nielsen. He was in our ward earlier this year, but finished his mission over in Nanakuli. So we were surprised when we got a phone call from him on Monday asking us if we wanted to see him at the airport tonight. Of course we said yes. There were lots of people there to say goodbye to all of the missionaries going home. They were all sad to leave.

Here's the Fergs & Elder Nielsen:


And since we had the camera out, we had to take crazy face/scarey eyeball pictures of the kids!

And guess who has PINK EYE!! (dang it!)

That's that. I hate saying goodbye to people, whether it's friends, family, or missionaries. That's one thing that I don't think I'll ever get used to in the military.

Just think... in 4 short months, that's going to be US at the airport saying Aloha Oe!
I cry just THINKING about it!!

Comments

djferguson said…
Bummer about pink eye. I can't believe you guys will be here that soon. Just be thankful that you are not here now. The snow is unbelievable!
Ashley said…
Elder Nielsen was one of Ben's favorite elders. Glad he will be home in time for Christmas!