Today I had the opportunity to go on another field trip with Matthew's class!!
This time we went to the Honolulu Zoo!!
We all met at school in the morning, and the buses left promptly at 8:30am headed down to Honolulu. Of course, I enjoyed myself on the ride down, drowning out the shrieks and shrills of 60 excited 3rd Graders into background noise, and continued reading the Twilight saga.
We arrived at the Honolulu Zoo at about 9:30, and waited around for about 20 minutes before they let us in:
This time we went to the Honolulu Zoo!!
We all met at school in the morning, and the buses left promptly at 8:30am headed down to Honolulu. Of course, I enjoyed myself on the ride down, drowning out the shrieks and shrills of 60 excited 3rd Graders into background noise, and continued reading the Twilight saga.
We arrived at the Honolulu Zoo at about 9:30, and waited around for about 20 minutes before they let us in:
I had 4 boys in my group this time;
Kevin, Tyler, Matthew, & Michael
At first, we were supposed to visit the Petting Zoo, but the classes were behind schedule for their rotation, so we got to venture out on our own for a while.
First stop was the Pink Flamingos:
Next was the first of the Monkeys that we saw.
All the kids were very excited to see monkeys:
Next, we saw ring-tailed lemurs:
I thought these turtles were fake,
until I saw one blink!
Another monkey:
Then we saw a giant turtle!
He was even bigger than the ones that we see on the beach!
(different kind)
I tried to get all of the boys to pose on a rock for a picture, but then 3 of them jumped up yelling "fire ants!" Matthew didn't seem to care:
Next we saw Crocodiles:
Next we ventured into "Africa".
Here's a little "African" man welcoming us:
We saw GLORIA:
And I don't even know what this is... a Gazelle?
And a few big birds:
(i don't know what the crap this is either)
And a "crowned" something....
And a PEACOCK!
I know this one!
After that, we found MARTY and MELMAN!
(and a rhino too)
The boys really liked this exhibit:
MELMAN
MARTY
Did you know that an ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain?
This looks like a poisonous lizard:
Then we found the CHIMPANZEES!!!
After the chimps, we went into the bird sanctuary, and I grabbed my camera (which I'd had wrapped around my wrist the whole time) and realized that the button was gone!!!!
A freak accident!Who's picture taking button just falls off their camera???
Random.
So me & the boys backtracked to look for the button, but there was no such luck :o(
Oh well... if i pushed down hard enough it still worked:
Here's a neat looking vulture:
(with no head! haha!)
Walkin' 'round the Zoo!
Here's an African Wild Dog:
he was rolling in the dirt
We were looking for ALEX the lion,
but only found his wife, sleeping:
PORCUPINES!!!
A quick stop on a giant fake giraffe before we met everyone for lunch:
Lunch Time!
After lunch, we went to the petting zoo that we were supposed to go to when we got there:
First thing the boys did was crawled into a tunnel that put them in the middle of a fish tank:
A lazy llama
And a big fat pig
And Matthew petting a big fat pig:
Then the boys crawled into another tunnel and got to feel what it would be like to be a guinea pig!
Lunch time for the little turtles:
Then Matthew went into the "petting" part where there were a bunch of nasty goats!
This goat was licking his arm!
GOAT EYES!!!
But I felt better once I found the fancy chickens with feathers on their feet :o)
This thing was a couple barrels that they turned and made this weird machine start working:
With a little bit of time to spare, I saw down with my BFF Maggie while we let the kids from our groups play
Here's me & my BFF Maggie-cita!
We had a good time chatting, as we always do, and then it was time to head back to the buses.On the way to the buses, we passed ANOTHER turtle exhibit, where all of the turtles were being inappropriate!
They were making this terrible grunting noise, and everybody was doing it!! Couldn't they have waited till later when the children were gone, so all those little questions wouldn't fly??
I told them he was trying to have a piggy-back ride.
SICK-O's!
We didn't see the elephants on our way in. I think they were having a bath. So we were happy to see them on our way out:
Then we all got on the bus and headed back to Wahiawa!
Here's my red-faced Matthew after a long hot day of walking around the Zoo!
And there ya have it!
Matthew's field trip to the Honolulu Zoo!
Comments