Today we finally took Zoey into the Vet to get Spade!!
She's 8 1/2 months old now, and we tried to get her spade before her first heat, but we had no such luck. Remember, the day Matt left, she went into heat. I was so frustrated! So I was anxious to finally get it done!
I was a little nervous about taking her in, just because her vet told me that she has a slight heart murmur, so I paid for the $90 x-ray (get my bucket), and found her heart to be a normal size, and everything was fine. But I was still a little nervous.
I dropped her off this morning in Ewa Beach at 8:00am, and they took her back and told me they'd call me in a few hours. Which they did. Around 10:00am I got a call from the doctor and she said that Zoey did great and is recovering, and that I could go get her after 1:00.
We left our house to get her at 12:45pm. I went in, paid for it, and the receptionist brought Zoey out. She looked scared until I said, "HI Mrs. Dog!" and then the tail started wagging! She was very happy to see me!
So now she's back at home sleeping and recovering from her surgery.


We ended up having to go get an e-collar for her because she was licking her incision!!
Darn it!
She's 8 1/2 months old now, and we tried to get her spade before her first heat, but we had no such luck. Remember, the day Matt left, she went into heat. I was so frustrated! So I was anxious to finally get it done!
I was a little nervous about taking her in, just because her vet told me that she has a slight heart murmur, so I paid for the $90 x-ray (get my bucket), and found her heart to be a normal size, and everything was fine. But I was still a little nervous.
I dropped her off this morning in Ewa Beach at 8:00am, and they took her back and told me they'd call me in a few hours. Which they did. Around 10:00am I got a call from the doctor and she said that Zoey did great and is recovering, and that I could go get her after 1:00.
We left our house to get her at 12:45pm. I went in, paid for it, and the receptionist brought Zoey out. She looked scared until I said, "HI Mrs. Dog!" and then the tail started wagging! She was very happy to see me!
So now she's back at home sleeping and recovering from her surgery.
We ended up having to go get an e-collar for her because she was licking her incision!!
Darn it!
Poor Zo looks so depressed.
She hit the curb with her cone getting out of the car, and didn't really know what to do with it. Here she is trying to bury her face in the couch with it on:
She's all doped up and VERY sleepy:

Here's one of my favorite things about Zoey;
Her UNDER BITE!:
So cute!
She hit the curb with her cone getting out of the car, and didn't really know what to do with it. Here she is trying to bury her face in the couch with it on:
She's all doped up and VERY sleepy:
Here's one of my favorite things about Zoey;
Her UNDER BITE!:
Here's her battle scar:
Since Zoey was sleeping, and not using her e-collar,
Natalie tried it on for size:
So I'm glad that the whole spaying is over. Now we just have to wait a few days for her to heal and recover and be back to her old self. Let's just hope Zoey's recovery is better than Nathan's when he had his tonsils/adenoid/tubes surgery!!
Comments