Swap Meet!


Because it's Wednesday, it was only appropriate that Jeanelle and I go to the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet! It's only open on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays, and since we're celebrating Kenzie's 10th birthday on Saturday, it was now or never.

I'd invited my neighbor, Bridget, to go with us, but this morning she had a sick daughter and needed to take her in to the doctor's clinic to get checked. Maggie asked me last night if she could tag along with us too, but then this morning she texted me saying that her daughter has a fever so she couldn't go. What's up with all the sick kids?? So it ended up being just me & Jeanelle, which is fine!

We left for the swap meet right after we dropped off Natalie at 8:00, and were there by 8:30! Jeanelle is a quick swap meet-er!! We were DONE by 9:40! We don't mess around!

Jeanelle was treating me to whatever I wanted to buy at the swap meet today, and so I ended up with a cute little Aloha sign to hang in my house in Washington:
$12.00


And something I've always wanted,and finally got; two Hawaiian Warrior Heads to hang in our cars' rear view mirrors:
$2.50 each

After the Swap Meet, since it was so early, and I had Natalie in Hourly Childcare until 1:00pm, we drove around Pearl City and ended up at Wal Mart looking for something for Jeanelle to buy for Natalie for her birthday that she missed. She got her a Barbie Princess and the Pauper DVD and the Barbie doll, and a My Little Pony that she can dress in different outfits. Natalie loved BOTH of them!

She also bought each kid a 'surprise' like Grandma Sylvia brought when she was here. McKenzie got a Littlest Pet Shop light-up cat, Nathan got a light-up sword, Natalie got a light-up ball, and Matthew got a Whoopee Cushion! Of course the Whoopee Cushion was the hit! Everyone wanted one. Go to Wal Mart and spend the .88 cents and buy your kid a Whoopee Cushion! It's the gift that keeps on giving!

After Wal Mart, we ended up at Ross because I wanted to get more candles for my house to smell cinnamony for the Holidays. They had a bad selection of candles, so I browsed through their Thanksgiving stuff and bought a Thanksgiving tablecloth! I'm very excited about that.

Yesterday I took down the Halloween decorations, and put up some Thanksgiving decorations:
It's still kind of sad looking, but I just can't find anything that grabs my eye.

Since we're moving in FIVE MONTHS, I've been having a lot of fun getting organized and buying plastic storage bins to replace the breaking cardboard boxes that are currently holding my holiday decorations. I never thought that buying a plastic bin would be so exciting, but I just love it! I want to buy more and more! And I can't WAIT till Christmas so I can buy like SIX more plastic bins!! I am my mother's daughter!
OH THE EXCITEMENT!

Comments

Ashley said…
I am a plastic bin organizing queen!!! I'm gonna miss you in 5 months!
Brown Ohana said…
Wait, did I just read that you are moving in 5 months?! What's up with that? You can't leave, we're going to mists you!!!
-Sydney