Saturday Is A Special Day

Rabbit Rabbit, and Happy November 1st!!
Only 9 days till our baby Kenzie turns TEN!

Today was a lot of fun!
First off, we got to sleep in!!

Here's all the kids, and the dog, in bed with Jeanelle this morning:

After taking a picture of the kids upstairs, I took the camera downstairs and told Matt to pose. This is his typical "posing" face:

And then he laughed, and I TOOK A PICTURE OF IT!
This is his REAL SMILE! Matt cannot smile for pictures. He doesn't know how or something. But I want the world to see how cute my husband's REAL smile is!
He was laughing:

Then we all got ready and headed out the door.

Our first stop was Costco so we could get a few things.
While we were in line to pay, Matt put Kenzie up on his shoulders.
It looked ridiculous she was so huge!
This pic is fuzzy, but you get ANOTHER real smile outta Matt:

Look! Dad has hair!

After Costco, we drove down to Waikele to have my favorite SHAVE ICE!
Here's Jeanelle & the kids with their shave ice, right after Jeanelle fell into the bushes! LOL!
Natalie says, "She didn't pay attention, Mom..."

Cheeeeeeeeeze!

Then the bench cleared and we moved off of the curb onto the bench.
Here's Kenzie & Matthew sharing their Root Beer/Pink Lemonade shave ice:

Mine was Bubble Gum with MOCHI in/on it!!
Yummmmm!

Here's Jeanelle and her Root Beer shave ice:

Me posing for Matt when he had the camera.
My eye looks like it has no pupil because it's reflecting the sky,
and apparently my eyes are the same color as the sky. gross.

Nathan & Natalie sharing their root beer shave ice:

Cute Kids!

Cute Kenzie & Matthew
(notice matthew & nathan have new haircuts!!)

Natalie finishin' er off!

So then Kenzie tried to take a picture of all 3 of us.

The first picture, Nathan was in, and my hair was in my face:

The second picture, my hair was in Matt's face:

Third time is the charm!

Then we came home and started making Matthew's favorite dinner.

Here's our giant pot roast ready to start cookin!!

Here's Matthew's favorite "smashed" red potatoes:

As we were cooking, I looked outside and saw the pretty sunset!


Cute Nan, sitting on the swing in the front yard:

Our pot roast is DONE!

We also made Spider Web Sugar Cookies for dessert:

They had Almond Extract in them, and were VERY yummy!!

One of many perfect dinners made by Jeanelle that we will have the privilege of eating while she's here!

Comments

Frank & Moana said…
Fun day! I love shaved ice too!
Love Matt's smile. McKenzie did great taking your pictures. Dinner and cookies look absolutely yummy.
Beautiful Hawaiian Sunset.
How blessed we are!
pcerik said…
Dude, that pic makes me want to get contacts that are totally blue for next Halloween!
Becky said…
SHAVE (not shavED) ice. I love that stuff! My mouth actually watered seeing you guys with yours. Sad, huh? I love Matt's smile, he should use it more. Of course, I'm his mom and he'll say I HAVE to say that, but I really don't. It's a wonderful smile. I love seeing him having fun with his family.
djferguson said…
I want to go to Hawaii. I just need to convince my husband to spend the money.

I can't believe that Mckenzie is going to be ten. Oh my gosh where has the time gone?