First of all, Happy Veteran's Day to all of those veterans out there!
The way WE celebrated Veteran's Day was with a trip back to Haleiwa Ali'i Beach Park after lunch. We also met a few other families from church there.
When Jeanelle and I went on Friday, they were just putting up the Surf Competition sign. It was complete today, since the surf competition is tomorrow:

Look how huge it is compared to my kids!

Instead of going to our usual spot on the beach to the right, we went to the LEFT!
I didn't even know there WAS a beach to the left! It's behind a huge building:

The kids got RIGHT into the water, and that's when I realized that it's totally shallow for a long ways out! It's PERFECT for the kids! As long as they're careful on the rocks!
Here's the Nan

After sitting there for a while, Matt and I started noticing Sea Turtles EVERYWHERE swimming towards the shore to bask in the sun!
Here's one coming in:

Too bad right before this guy crawled up on the shore, some stupid guy with his stupid kid stood right where he was gonna come onto shore, and then threw SEAWEED it at! Morons! So that guy swam away. But not THIS GUY!:
He didn't care WHO was around. He was takin' a little nap!

And now here come the dreaded pictures of me in my swimming suit. Before you look at them, just keep in mind that I'm a lot fatter than I was when I first bought my swimming suit, and mah boobs grew as a result! So, sorry for being "Busty LaRue" in this next pic, but... I can't help it! Also, my board shorts were dirty, so I just wore regular shorts, which completely did NOT match my swimming suit top. So, sorry for the fashion faux pas.
With that being said, here is a picture of me & my new BFF:

Then Maggie got crazy and wanted to take a picture of me, where it LOOKED like I was on top of the turtle.... I'm not sure if it worked:
The guy behind me with the surfboard on his head probably thinks I'm retarded.
Here's Nathan & Natalie having a wonderful time in the ocean:

Here's Charne, Kim's grandbaby, and Shenny digging in the sand:

Maggie wanted to show me this cool cave that you can crawl through. I went to the cave, but I'm pretty sure my butt is too big to fit all the way thru.
But not Kenzie!


Instead of getting IN the cave, we decided to take a pic BY the cave:
(check out my TAN I've been working on!)
That's Moana, Maggie, & me :o)
We are also the YW Presidency!
Moana is Pres, Maggie is 1st, & I am 2nd!
Then we went a little further, and saw turtles walking along the reef in the ocean!!

I thought it was so cool that I wanted to walk NEXT to one!!
He didn't really like it, and I heard that turtles bite, so I left him alone.
Here's Kenzie having fun with her friends:
Here's a picture of all of us again:
Maggie, Kenzie, Ashley, Moana, & Me (trying not to stick my butt out)
Then we walked back to shore to see what everyone was up to. That's when I saw Charne burying Baby Ipo in the sand, and then giving her sand boobs!
It looked funnier in person.
After that, my camera's internal memory got FULL!!
Dang it!
I forgot my memory card once again!
I HATE it when I do that!
So that was our Veteran's Day. We were at the beach for about 4 hours! Time flys when yer havin' fun! I wanna go back one day this week when there's no people so I can see MORE TURTLES!!!
The way WE celebrated Veteran's Day was with a trip back to Haleiwa Ali'i Beach Park after lunch. We also met a few other families from church there.
When Jeanelle and I went on Friday, they were just putting up the Surf Competition sign. It was complete today, since the surf competition is tomorrow:
Look how huge it is compared to my kids!
Instead of going to our usual spot on the beach to the right, we went to the LEFT!
I didn't even know there WAS a beach to the left! It's behind a huge building:
The kids got RIGHT into the water, and that's when I realized that it's totally shallow for a long ways out! It's PERFECT for the kids! As long as they're careful on the rocks!
Here's the Nan
After sitting there for a while, Matt and I started noticing Sea Turtles EVERYWHERE swimming towards the shore to bask in the sun!
Here's one coming in:
And now here come the dreaded pictures of me in my swimming suit. Before you look at them, just keep in mind that I'm a lot fatter than I was when I first bought my swimming suit, and mah boobs grew as a result! So, sorry for being "Busty LaRue" in this next pic, but... I can't help it! Also, my board shorts were dirty, so I just wore regular shorts, which completely did NOT match my swimming suit top. So, sorry for the fashion faux pas.
With that being said, here is a picture of me & my new BFF:
Then Maggie got crazy and wanted to take a picture of me, where it LOOKED like I was on top of the turtle.... I'm not sure if it worked:
Here's Nathan & Natalie having a wonderful time in the ocean:
Here's Charne, Kim's grandbaby, and Shenny digging in the sand:
Maggie wanted to show me this cool cave that you can crawl through. I went to the cave, but I'm pretty sure my butt is too big to fit all the way thru.
But not Kenzie!
Instead of getting IN the cave, we decided to take a pic BY the cave:
(check out my TAN I've been working on!)
We are also the YW Presidency!
Moana is Pres, Maggie is 1st, & I am 2nd!
Then we went a little further, and saw turtles walking along the reef in the ocean!!

I thought it was so cool that I wanted to walk NEXT to one!!
He didn't really like it, and I heard that turtles bite, so I left him alone.Here's Kenzie having fun with her friends:
Here's a picture of all of us again:
Then we walked back to shore to see what everyone was up to. That's when I saw Charne burying Baby Ipo in the sand, and then giving her sand boobs!
After that, my camera's internal memory got FULL!!
Dang it!
I forgot my memory card once again!
I HATE it when I do that!
So that was our Veteran's Day. We were at the beach for about 4 hours! Time flys when yer havin' fun! I wanna go back one day this week when there's no people so I can see MORE TURTLES!!!
Comments