Today we went to church, and all of you LDS people know that, typically, the first Sunday of the month is 'Fast Sunday' meaning that you fast your meals for 24 hours. And during Sacrament meeting, instead of having assigned speakers, it's basically 'open mic' where anyone who wants to, can go up onto the stand and bear their testimony about what they know to be true.
So we were all sitting in church listening to the people bear their testimonies, when Matthew leans over to me and says, "Can I go up?" My little heart melted! I said, "of course!" So after the lady up there said, "Amen.", Matthew walked up to the podium and bore a heartfelt little testimony about how our church is true, and how he knows that this family loves him, and how he knows that Jesus loves him. Of course I had tears in my eyes seeing my little boy willingly go up and bear his testimony on his own for his first time! He is such a good example to all of us!
VERY SWEET!
But since I don't want to end on a sappy note, Matt and I have an ongoing joke about how one Fast Sunday, we will go up as a couple and Matt can whisper in my ear what to say, and I'll say, "I'd like to bury my testimony. I know this church is true. I love my mom and dad, and my brothers and sisters. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." Just because I don't like it when parents go up and whisper their kids' testimonies into their ears, while the kids just breathe real heavily into the microphone. I never did that, and so that's why I was so happy that Matthew went up by himself.
But can you just picture Matt whispering into my ear what to say?? LOL! Two grown adults!! Too bad I'm not willing to make a mockery of Sacrament Meeting.
So we were all sitting in church listening to the people bear their testimonies, when Matthew leans over to me and says, "Can I go up?" My little heart melted! I said, "of course!" So after the lady up there said, "Amen.", Matthew walked up to the podium and bore a heartfelt little testimony about how our church is true, and how he knows that this family loves him, and how he knows that Jesus loves him. Of course I had tears in my eyes seeing my little boy willingly go up and bear his testimony on his own for his first time! He is such a good example to all of us!
VERY SWEET!
But since I don't want to end on a sappy note, Matt and I have an ongoing joke about how one Fast Sunday, we will go up as a couple and Matt can whisper in my ear what to say, and I'll say, "I'd like to bury my testimony. I know this church is true. I love my mom and dad, and my brothers and sisters. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." Just because I don't like it when parents go up and whisper their kids' testimonies into their ears, while the kids just breathe real heavily into the microphone. I never did that, and so that's why I was so happy that Matthew went up by himself.
But can you just picture Matt whispering into my ear what to say?? LOL! Two grown adults!! Too bad I'm not willing to make a mockery of Sacrament Meeting.
Comments
And I'm glad Matt didn't whisper in your ear. Good choice, CTR!