HAPPY 29th BIRTHDAY MATTY!!

As some of you know, today was Matt's 29th Birthday!!! Wow! Now, I know I could get in trouble with a lot of people if I called him "old", so I won't..... but he's OLDER than me ;o)
He spent most of his birthday at work, and even had to work later than usual. No one at work knew it was his birthday, and he wanted to keep it that way. I'm sure, unlike me, he probably didn't even care that it was his birthday. But I tried to make the day as special as I could for him. I made him eggs over-medium with toast for breakfast, and his all time favorite Sweet & Sour Pork for dinner. I must say it was AMAZINGLY good. I didn't know I could cook that good! Matt said he helped, only if you can call "helping" slowly stirring a pot of sweet & sour sauce on the stove when it's off! haha!

I also made him his favorite German Chocolate Cake for dessert:

He didn't want the sea creatures on there, but I thought it needed a little life (and we have an on-going joke about turtles) so I put them on. And TWENTY NINE candles!!

Here's Matty with his birthday cake:
(I told him to smile pretty)



Here he is with his cake all lit up! He said it was getting a little warm, and for a second I thought we might hafta call the fire department.


Then we sang "Happy Birthday" and he blew out all of his candles in ONE BREATH!
(you can see all the red embers on the candles still)
Look at all that SMOKE!


So the old man is getting older. I kept asking him if he had a good birthday and he kept saying yes, so I guess he did.

HAPPY 29th BIRTHDAY MATTY

Comments

Becky said…
I can't believe it - 29. Has it really been that long since his bright,shining face came to our home. What a sweet baby he was. Sigh. What a great guy he has turned into also. Love ya, Matt.
Stephanie said…
Happy Belated Birthday, Matt! I love your blog!