So today we had an appointment with the same Pedodontist as Matthew had, Dr. Ching, all the way down in Pearl City, and the took him back, and looked at his tooth and said that it needs pulled. I thought "oh great... let's make ANOTHER appointment for me to come all the way back down here!" But then he told me if I had time, he could do it now. So I said SURE! I'd much rather kill two birds with one stone!
So we moved across the hallway into another room where he got all gassed and numbed up, and then they yanked that sucker out, gave him a toy and $1 for being so brave, and then we were on our way!
And here's the giant cavity that it had in it that I think lead to the abscess:
Poor kid! Now he's on the schedule for 6 month cleanings like the rest of us. I think that's the reason we didn't catch it, is because he hasn't' been going for regular cleanings because he was too young.
Here's his hole:
"I can fit a FRENCH FRY through the hole!"
I guess that makes him excited. He'll hafta try it sometime.
He cried when they pulled it, but he's all smiles again now:
Natalie smiles too, in her tutu with her Beverly Hills Chihuahua:
After the dentist, they put Nathan on a soft food diet until dinner time. Since it's Wednesday, which is a 1/2 day at school, I decided just to keep him home for the day.
On our way home, we stopped by Price Busters so he could spend his $1, and he bought bubbles! And in his change, he got a new ALASKA State Quarter!
And that reminded me that HAWAII's State Quarter just came out on Monday, so I stopped at the bank on Post on the way home, and took out my two dimes and a quarter and set it on the counter and said, "I want a new Hawaii quarter." The lady started laughing and made a gesture with her hand at me and said, "You so funny! You no want mo?" I said, "Nope, just one." She continues laughing and turns to her co-worker while pointing to me and says, "I like her!" I didn't get what was so funny. Just gimme my dang quarter!!
Here's my brand new Hawaii State Quarter!It had King Kamehameha on it, along with the 8 Hawaiian islands,
and Hawaii's state motto which is:
"Ua Mau ke Ea o ka ʻĀina i ka Pono"
which means:
"The life of the land is perpetuated in righteousness"
I'm pretty excited.
Comments