Today my friends and I went to a VIP Te Vaka concert down in Honolulu.Ku'uipo called last week and asked if I'd like to go to this concert, and I said "sure" and didn't give it another thought, until Steph called me last night asking me if I was going. I could have SWORE Ku'uipo said Thursday, but it was Monday. So I ran over to Bridget's and asked her if she'd get all my kids from school, and she did..... she saves me bacon all the time! I am forever indebted to her!
I drove today, so I picked up Maggie and her brother Eddie who just got here yesterday, and we drove to Steph's house where we met Mavis, Crystal, Ku'uipo, and Manu.
We drove to Costco in Honolulu for a quick lunch before we walked to the Dole Cannery, which is where the concert was held. Sounds wierd I know.
We found where we were supposed to be and then got our VIP Stage Passes!!
Here we all are with our passes:
Crystal, Steph, Ku'uipo, Sam, Me, & Maggie
Here's the lady with the bionic hand passing out out our free wireless Internet detectors! haha! hey, a free gift is a free gift. I'm not complaining!
I'm V.I.P. yo!
(i have my free gift in my right hand)
Here is Steph and I being our normal selves!
She's my sister from another mister
(like brother from another mother)
Ku'uipo and Manu
Eddie (maggie's bro), Maggie, & Kaimana (ku'uipo's son)
Ku'uipo teaching the Navajo girls how to work their fingers into a SHAKA!
Crystal & Mavis just couldn't get it!
Yay! Successful Shakas!
I got tired of waiting and got a little friendly with Ronald:
Then they finally took us up in the elevator in groups to wait in a hallway to go into the stage room. Here's Steph, Kaimana, & Melody (i think that was her name.. either that or Melony... mel-something. sorry i'm bad with names)
LOOK WHO IT IS!!!!
JAAAACK JOHNSONNNNNN!!!
oh my gosh i would have crapped my pants if he was there!!!
Looks like I was too late :'o(
Jack has left the building....

Te Vaka!

Here's a song called "Pate Pate"
Their sign on stage:

Everyone loves a Tahitian hip shakin' girl!

Now, rumor has it that Ku'uipo and Manu used to be dancers at the Polynesian Culture Center years and years ago.... NOW WE HAVE PROOF!!
Look at this video of Manu shakin it Tahitian style!
(it looks like the funky chicken)


Then it ended.....
But not without a HANA HOU!!!!
(hana hou in Hawaiian means "do it again!")
They asked us what we wanted for an encore,
and Manu said, "Johnny Lingo!"
but what he meant was "Tamahana"
Here's a video of them playing Tamahana.
They were great!
They are from New Zealand, and they did all the music for the movie Johnny Lingo. If you haven't seen it, go rent it. It's very cute. MAHANA YOU UGLY!
LOOK!! I'M PART OF TE VAKA!!!!

I had them sign the back of my VIP pass.

We had a great time!
oh my gosh i would have crapped my pants if he was there!!!
Looks like I was too late :'o(
Jack has left the building....
Te Vaka!
Here's a song called "Pate Pate"
Their sign on stage:
Everyone loves a Tahitian hip shakin' girl!
Now, rumor has it that Ku'uipo and Manu used to be dancers at the Polynesian Culture Center years and years ago.... NOW WE HAVE PROOF!!
Look at this video of Manu shakin it Tahitian style!
(it looks like the funky chicken)
Then it ended.....
But not without a HANA HOU!!!!
(hana hou in Hawaiian means "do it again!")
They asked us what we wanted for an encore,
and Manu said, "Johnny Lingo!"
but what he meant was "Tamahana"
Here's a video of them playing Tamahana.
They were great!
They are from New Zealand, and they did all the music for the movie Johnny Lingo. If you haven't seen it, go rent it. It's very cute. MAHANA YOU UGLY!
LOOK!! I'M PART OF TE VAKA!!!!
I had them sign the back of my VIP pass.
We had a great time!
Comments