Today was our last full day with Grandma :o(
Since she is hooked on the beach, after the kids went to school, we went back to Haleiwa Ali'i to play in the water. Except for THIS time, there were NO WAVES! NONE!
It was great!
Since Mom is still burned from Monday's trip to the beach, she decided to wear her clothes over her swimming suit, so that she won't burn her burn!
Here she is ready to test out the temperature of the water.
Of course it's warm, so it didn't take long for mom to get into the ocean.
And a couple minutes later, she shouted, "I'M FLOATING!!!"
She loved that she could float because of the salt water!
Here's a picture of mom floating: We both played on the boogie boards for a while, got beat up by the waves crashing onto the shore, beachcombed, and then I got out to get a suntan while Mom swam around in the water a little bit more. After a while I heard her shout "A TURTLE!" She was swimming right next to a big ol sea turtle (honu) who was popping his little head up out of the water to breathe!!
Here's how our conversation went:
Mom: "A TURTLE"
Jen: "Cool!"
Mom: "Do ya SEE it?"
Jen: "Yep."
Mom: "Can you see the TURTLE?"
Jen: "Uh huh."
Mom: "There's a TURTLE, Jen!"
Jen: "I see it!"
Haha! Get a hearing aid, Mother!
I sunbathed while Mom swam with the turtles.
Even though I LIVE in Hawaii, my skin hardly ever sees the sun.
My enemy:
Look what it did to me.
I BURNED MY BURN!
After the beach, we picked up Natalie, went to Popeyes, and then came home where Mom started making the dough for cinnamon rolls. Then it was time for me to get the other kids from school, so I left Natalie with Grandma and went to get the other 3.
Grandma has given my kids a "surprise" every day that she's been here.
So far, they've gotten Gummy Snakes, Eyeball Rings, Flashing Suckers, Play Doh, and a bunch of other stuff. But today was my favorite. Gummy Body Parts!
Here I am modeling my brand new set of teeth:
Mom thinks I'm a dork, but that's ok.
I know I'm a dork, but that's what makes me so special ;o)
After I ate my teeth, I ran upstairs and grabbed two MORE teeth out of the bag and gave one to my mom to wear! Aren't we PURDY??
(this picture pointed out to us that we have the same eyes!!)
The words of Jeanelle: "Them teeth are reeeal niiice, I tell you wut"
Mom was crying from laughing so hard!
Then she put me to work spreading butter, and sprinkling brown sugar and cinnamon, and rolling dough, and cutting cinnamon rolls so they're ready to go into the oven.
Here's Nan taking a peek:
They're ready to rise for the last time!!
Mmmmmmm... dougy
Mom put them outside on the table on the front porch to rise because it's warm!
They rose FAST!
After 15 minutes in the oven, VOILA!
The finished product:
Look at all that ooey-gooey, buttery, good-ness!!
And they tasted as good as they look.
Yes, I can say, BETTER than Cinnabon!Now I wish I woulda been home when she made them so I can make them for Matt when he gets home!! Hopefully Jeanelle knows (or learns) how to make them before she comes, so she can teach me, since I didn't pay attention to my mother dear.
Mama leaves tomorrow :'o(
Comments