I'm DAMAGED!!


Tonight, the Laumatia family invited us, along with "the gang", over to their house for Family Home Evening! We had a really great dinner, and then went around the room and everyone talked about their favorite part of General Conference. Very nice.

After all of that, we all drove to the park nearby. Yes it was dark, but there were lights at the park. So the kids played inside the fenced-in tennis court, while the adults played 'Capture The Slippah" out in the dark field. Liked other people, I played in my bare feet so I could run better. It was A LOT of fun! It reminded me of being a kid again!

Here are the kids playing in the tennis court:

At the very last round, Po'u called out "Fruit Basket" which means that EVERYONE runs for the slippah and tries to get it back to their base. As you can imagine, it was a free for all. And in the chaos, a freak accident happened, and my big toenail collided with a big Army boot, and you can guess who won. The Army Boot!! Cracked my big toe in HALF!! MORE than half!!

So I quietly walked back to my base, and then hobbled over to the fence for more light to see the damage:

(WARNING: THE FOLLOWING PICTURES MAY BE DISTURBING TO SOME VIEWERS.
VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED)
It looked pretty bad, but I wanted to see how bad it was. One by one, people saw me in the light in the fetal position looking at my toe, and came over and said, "Are you OKAAY??" Of course I wasn't going to cry, but I wanted to see how much of my toenail separated from my toe. But before I could start peeling, Maggie freaked out saying "WAIT! WAIT!" She wanted to take a picture! HAHA

Here's the damage:
EEEEEEW!
It peeled back WAAAAAY farther than I thought it would/should!!
And look how DIRTY it is!!
Everyone was grossed out, including me.

So, Maggie, being the sweet friend that she is, offered to doctor me up at her house because she had everything I'd need.

Here I am at Maggie's house, ready to be doctored up:

Trying to clean it and get the dirt out!!

OUCH!
I don't wanna look!!

Bubbles mean BAD!

Still scrubbing.... oh the pain!

Ah.... All bandaged up!

So there ya have it. I'm damaged.

No swimming or pedicures for ME for a while :'o(

Comments

Jeanelle said…
HOLY CRAP! That was AWFUL! I had to cover my eyes!!!! Poor baby... :( All of this bad stuff keeps happening while Matt is gone!
Ashley said…
Gross, that kind of pain is unreal...I'm glad a camera was nearby!