I'm going there someday....
Juuuust kidding! Tonight was Ward Temple night. But instead of going to the temple with my ward, I went to the Visitor's Center and watched the Joseph Smith movie with a family from our ward who just became members in January. We were the only ones in the theater, and the Sister Missionary gave us all 3 blankets that we draped across everyone to stay warm! The movie was AWESOME!! The Spirit was so strong, especially at the end. If you have the opportunity to see it, DO IT! It's basically just a history of Joseph Smith's life, and teaches people about why the Mormons talk about Joseph Smith so much. People say we worship him, but the movie even clears THAT up! It's absolutely great! I wanna take my mom when she comes to visit THIS WEEK!! yay!
After the movie, we looked around the Visitors Center a little bit, and took pictures next to the HAWAII Christus Statue. Just like the one in Salt Lake City, but the background is a little less space-ey and a little more tropical.

In order to get the picture with the kids AND Jesus, you have to practically put your camera on the floor and tilt it upward so that everyone fits in:
(that's why it's crooked)
Dakota, Natalie, Matthew, Nathan, Kaya, & McKenzie
In this picture, Natalie is demonstrating what NOT to do to the Christus Statue:
Leave it up to MY daughter, to climb the statue of Jesus!
I especially love this picture!
It's a picture of our First Presidency last year. President Hinkley died early this year, and Thomas S. Monson became the Prophet. I was very touched listening to Pres. Hinkley's testimony. I miss him! He is someone that is definitely on my list of 'people to meet when I get to heaven'. We are so lucky to have Prophets of God who speak to us today!! We have such a loving Heavenly Father!!
After we were done in the Visitor's Center, we walked up to the Hale and met the rest of our ward who had been in the temple, for a potluck. It was a lot of fun.
Juuuust kidding! Tonight was Ward Temple night. But instead of going to the temple with my ward, I went to the Visitor's Center and watched the Joseph Smith movie with a family from our ward who just became members in January. We were the only ones in the theater, and the Sister Missionary gave us all 3 blankets that we draped across everyone to stay warm! The movie was AWESOME!! The Spirit was so strong, especially at the end. If you have the opportunity to see it, DO IT! It's basically just a history of Joseph Smith's life, and teaches people about why the Mormons talk about Joseph Smith so much. People say we worship him, but the movie even clears THAT up! It's absolutely great! I wanna take my mom when she comes to visit THIS WEEK!! yay!
After the movie, we looked around the Visitors Center a little bit, and took pictures next to the HAWAII Christus Statue. Just like the one in Salt Lake City, but the background is a little less space-ey and a little more tropical.
In order to get the picture with the kids AND Jesus, you have to practically put your camera on the floor and tilt it upward so that everyone fits in:
(that's why it's crooked)
In this picture, Natalie is demonstrating what NOT to do to the Christus Statue:
I especially love this picture!
After we were done in the Visitor's Center, we walked up to the Hale and met the rest of our ward who had been in the temple, for a potluck. It was a lot of fun.
Comments