This was a busy day for us!
We always prefer 'Trunk-or-Treat' as opposed to 'Trick-or-Treat' because you can go from trunk to trunk, and get just as much candy in 1/2 the time as going door to door. And since it's held in the gated church parking lot, I think it's safer too.
This year, we all started out indoors where they had a few little kid games, a costume parade, and then unleashed the kids outside.
We also invited our neighbors, The Lambert Family, to come this year.
Here is a picture of Matthew F. & Matthew L.
Leonardo the Ninja Turtle, and "Venom" from Spiderman:
Kenzie was a black cat, and used the SAME black cat costume that my mom made for me when I was a little girl! I think the black cat costume will retire for a few years until Natalie can fit in it!
Nathan was a friendly Skeleton:
Natalie was a Butterfly Fairy:
And, yes, we even brought Zoey, dressed up as Wonder Dog: There has never been a blog post where I have been in so many pictures!!
Usually I am the picture taker, but since Jeanelle is here, and I forgot my camera, I actually get to be in this blog post a bunch of times!!
Matt didn't dress up, as usual (but i'm working on him for next year), and I just threw a cape on. Someone asked if I was a magician and I said "yes.", so there ya go.
Look at Natalie's funny face:
Here we are ready to start the costume parade:
Kenzie is walking Zoey around the cultural hall.
Someone else had their Yorkie puppy too:
Happy Nata parading around:
Jeanelle with Kenzie who forgot how to smile during the costume parade:
Then they unleashed all the kids to go outside and start Trunk-or-Treating!
Here is Daddy & Zoey handing out candy:
Next to our car, was our neighbors, the Lamberts, with Adrian & Thomas passing out candy:
This was hilarious! The wife was about 9mos. pregnant, and dressed up as a BRIDE (which reminds me of someone, but i just can't put my finger on it ;o)), and they passed out their candy in a toilet seat!!! Here's Nathan diggin in the toilet for some candy:
Sistahs!
Matt passing out candy to Hannah Montana.
(look at cute wonder dog!)
Looks like things were coming to an end...
Someone was passing out Samoan hot chocolate, which isn't very nice, I don't think. It's hot chocolate with RICE in the bottom of it. The texture isn't so good, so I drank as much as I could, and then gave the rest to Zoey: SHE LOVED IT!
Then we all came home and started sorting out our candy to see what kind of loot we got!
Here's Jeanelle helping Nathan with his candy with her face that is asking me something.
My sisters always use that face when they beg from me :o)
A little while later, Natalie ASKED me if she could go to bed!
Of course I said yes, and then found her 10 minutes later passed out: Silly girl. All that Halloween fun wiped her out.
After the kids were all in bed, for ol' Hallow's Eve, Matt and I watched H.G. Wells' "The Time Machine" made back in 1960. If you haven't seen it yet, I recommend you go out and rent it at your earliest convenience:
It was HILARIOUS! It wasn't supposed to be, but once the character in the pink dress came on, named WEENA, every time he said her name, I couldn't help myself!! Then when George was running from the Morlocks, he said, "Come on Weena!" I laaaaughed for 10 minutes!! I know, very immature, but what can you really expect from ME?
Hence, the name of this blog post is "Happy Halloweena".
I hope all of you had a fun and safe Halloween too.
Comments