FHE Halloween Style

Since it's only 4 day 'till Halloween, I thought we'd be safe to carve the pumpkins now without them rotting by Halloween.

But, to begin on a different note, this week is 'Spirit Week' at Solomon Elem., which means that each day they wear something different.

Today was 'Sports Day'
Natalie looks a little mean...

Here's Nathan & Natalie playing the Wii, while waiting for evening time so Christa & Ryan will come over and we can start carving our pumpkins

YAY! It's finally time to carve our pumpkins!!

Everyone DIG IN!

Here's Christa helping Ryan gut his pumpkin:

Ryan, Natalie, & Matthew doin' their dirty work:

I think Kenzie liked it.

Matthew diggin' the guts

Nathan wasn't liking it so much...

Natalie was just being goofy, as always:

Ryan was serious about cleaning it out:

Zoey was depressed,
#1. because she's wearing a pink t-shirt that says "Doggy Diva"
#2. because she got banned from the kitchen for stealing our pumpkin lids!!

Here's my white pumpkin after I cut the top off:

Here I am getting the tons of seeds out...
It smelled like a cucumber!

My white pumpkin's guts!

Yay! Ryan is almost done!

After Matthew hollowed out his pumpkin, he wanted to play with the little Mr. Potato Head pieces that Grandma brought when she came:

Then we moved to the table to carve:

Nathan & Ryan carving:

Here's my stencil!!

My GHOSTIES!!!
They all have top hats, and the ghost on the right threw up!
or maybe it's his cigar...?
It looks cool glowing! Yay for me!

After Nathan mutilated his pumpkin, he decided to go the easy route and just decorate his pumpkin with the Mr. Potato Head pieces:

Ryan & Christa with their finished pumpkin!
It was her first time using a stencil. She did great!

Here's Nata and her ghost I carved for her:

Matthew was a little disappointed that his spider web didn't work out, so he got creative and carved a little face with a tooth into his pumpkin.
Very cute!

Kenzie was hard at work for a LONG time!

All her hard work paid off....
Look at her awesome pumpkin!!!
She did this all by herself!!

And here they all are!
Nathan's (glowing top), Natalie's, Matthew's, Kenzie's, & mine:

And no FHE (family home evening) is complete without a batch of my famous
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
(if you go back and look at the picture of Matthew standing next to his finished pumpkin,
you can see chocolate on his lips! haha!)

We ate a great dinner, and had a great time carving our pumpkins!
I miss Christa! I never get to see her as much as I used to, so it's a real treat whenever we can actually get together!


But NOW my focus is on THURSDAY when Jeanellie will be here!!
This picture is from her last visit.
We will have many more to come.....

Comments

Ashley said…
LOVE the pumpkins, the carvings are awesome! I'm impressed! And, yes, you are one of the crazy girls!
Happy Halloween!! Now I see your true colors...you are one of THOSE people who dress their dogs in clothes. You have officially crossed over my friend! I was feeling for the doggy in this blog...no pumpkin tops AND a pink shirt. Tisk tisk. Love the pumpkins too!