Today we had to say Aloha`Oe to Grandma :'o(
Matthew, Nathan & Natalie all said goodbye before the left for school, since she would be gone before they came home.
And wouldn't it be just my luck that McKenzie is sick with a FEVER now that grandma is leaving, so she stayed home from school today. Since she was the only one home, I asked Mom if she wanted to go on a walk with me before she left. So she changed out of her nice travelling clothes, and into her shorts for the last time. We went on a good walk! It rained on us in the beginning, and then sunned on us at the end.
Then around 10:40, it was time to go.
Here's Gramma & Kenzie before we left for the airport:
We all hopped into the car, including Zoey, and drove to the airport.
It's always sad to say goodbye, and she started crying as soon as it was time to say goodbye to me. She said that this is the hardest part, so I told her that we need to do it quick, like a band aid! So I pointed where Agriculture was, have her a big hug and sent her on her way.
About halfway home, Zoey leaned over the side of the passenger seat and threw up all over the floor next to me. I said, "Oh, that was cute..." and Kenzie laughed. I guess it's a good thing I waited to clean out the car!! You know I took a picture of the baby doll she puked on, but after I put it on here, I realized it looked pretty gross, so I took it off. But I'll send it to you personally if you want me to ;o)
I went home, and then on my way to go get Natalie from preschool, Mom called me, still crying! An HOUR later! Poor mom! They took her avacados too! But the DID move her seat so she'll be in a row by herself. So that's good.
I'm the kind of person who cries on the way HOME from the airport. I try to detach myself from all feelings while I'm saying goodbye, so I don't become a big blubbery pile of tears. It works for me. But it doesn't mean I don't love my mom, and absolutely LOVED having her here!! I didn't think she was gonna come visit me while I lived here, but she DID! And we had the best time! I tried to get her to stay longer, but this is the longest she's been away from home in a long time! So I appreciated that, and let her go today.
I don't think Natalie completely understood why she was saying goodbye to Grandma this morning, because when I picked her up she said, "Is GRAMMA gonna be at home??" I said "No, she left at the airport today." and she said, "Is she gonna come back?" I said, "Maybe."
Poor little Nan.
She DID find the black licorice (yuck!) that Grandma left for her, tho:
And she's off....Back to cold and rainy Seattle.
We'll miss you Gramma!
I told her that when she goes home and reads my blog,
she's gonna wanna come back.
But she's only been gone for 2 hours
and I WANT HER TO COME BACK!!
Comments
Sad to see mom leave.