For most of you, this blog entry is going to be very boring to read. It's more of a journal entry for me to remember. So don't read it unless you're super nosey and really wanna know what happened today :o)
This morning when I was on my way home from dropping the kids off at school, I noticed that my car was making an odd noise. Aside from the fact that sometimes when I stop it sounds like there's a baby dinosaur under my car. And it's not my brakes, because they were just changed. It was a different noise.
I pointed it out to Matt when we were on our way to drop off Natalie, and he was puzzled. It definitely wasn't there yesterday. But we tested our luck and drove all the way to Tripler with the weird noise following along. Once I got to the top of the parking garage and turned my wheel to back into the parking spot, it sounded REALLY bad. Matt said, "oh crap." and then we got out of the car and went in for our appointment.
After our appointment, we got in the car and pulled forward out of our parking space. The noise was TERRIBLE! It was worse than ever, and loud as crap! Matt said, "well let's get out of the parking garage!" so we drove carefully all the way down to the bottom, with that terrible noise echoing all throughout the parking garage. A little embarrassing. All the way down, I'm cursing my car in my head for all of the little things that are going wrong with my stupid car. AND it was raining and Matt didn't want to lay in the mud to see what was wrong.
We made it out of the parking garage were heading towards the exit with my white knuckles on the steering wheel from being nervous that something was going to all of a sudden break! But we spotted an old bus stop, and pulled over there so Matt could take a look. Thinking it had to be the CV axle or joint or whatever it's called, he took of the wheel to take a look. When the wheel came off 2 lug nuts came off with it, and the other 3 were loose!! Bad news! But aside from the loose wheel, Matt did some wiggling and thought that we needed to be towed home. All the while I had been text messaging my friend to see if she was up to picking up Natalie from Preschool if we didn't make it. I told her to pray for us; she already did. Good friend :o) I also kept repeating in my mind something that my O wise Mother told me not long ago: "Jen, some things in life are catastrophes. Other things are inconveniences." THIS was definitely an inconvenience. But it helped me stay positive. Thanks mom!


So Matt puts the wheel back on, and I call USAA to see if we have roadside assistance, which apparently I declined. Bad decision on my part. So then I call 411 to get the number to the nearest Towing company, and while Matt's putting the hubcap in the trunk, he tells me to wait, and we can coast down the hill to the gate, and the Gate Guards can help us with recommending a tow truck. So I hung up before the towing company answered, and had Matt get in the driver's seat. He started it up, we started driving, and it was SILENT!!!! I was like "WHAAA?" The noise was gone! We drove a little further waiting to hear the noise, but it wasn't coming back. So we said 'ta heck with it', and decided to see how far we could get. The closer we got to home, the cheaper the tow truck ride would be. WE MADE IT ALL THE WAY HOME!! IT WAS A MIRACLE!!
This morning when I was on my way home from dropping the kids off at school, I noticed that my car was making an odd noise. Aside from the fact that sometimes when I stop it sounds like there's a baby dinosaur under my car. And it's not my brakes, because they were just changed. It was a different noise.
I pointed it out to Matt when we were on our way to drop off Natalie, and he was puzzled. It definitely wasn't there yesterday. But we tested our luck and drove all the way to Tripler with the weird noise following along. Once I got to the top of the parking garage and turned my wheel to back into the parking spot, it sounded REALLY bad. Matt said, "oh crap." and then we got out of the car and went in for our appointment.
After our appointment, we got in the car and pulled forward out of our parking space. The noise was TERRIBLE! It was worse than ever, and loud as crap! Matt said, "well let's get out of the parking garage!" so we drove carefully all the way down to the bottom, with that terrible noise echoing all throughout the parking garage. A little embarrassing. All the way down, I'm cursing my car in my head for all of the little things that are going wrong with my stupid car. AND it was raining and Matt didn't want to lay in the mud to see what was wrong.
We made it out of the parking garage were heading towards the exit with my white knuckles on the steering wheel from being nervous that something was going to all of a sudden break! But we spotted an old bus stop, and pulled over there so Matt could take a look. Thinking it had to be the CV axle or joint or whatever it's called, he took of the wheel to take a look. When the wheel came off 2 lug nuts came off with it, and the other 3 were loose!! Bad news! But aside from the loose wheel, Matt did some wiggling and thought that we needed to be towed home. All the while I had been text messaging my friend to see if she was up to picking up Natalie from Preschool if we didn't make it. I told her to pray for us; she already did. Good friend :o) I also kept repeating in my mind something that my O wise Mother told me not long ago: "Jen, some things in life are catastrophes. Other things are inconveniences." THIS was definitely an inconvenience. But it helped me stay positive. Thanks mom!


So Matt puts the wheel back on, and I call USAA to see if we have roadside assistance, which apparently I declined. Bad decision on my part. So then I call 411 to get the number to the nearest Towing company, and while Matt's putting the hubcap in the trunk, he tells me to wait, and we can coast down the hill to the gate, and the Gate Guards can help us with recommending a tow truck. So I hung up before the towing company answered, and had Matt get in the driver's seat. He started it up, we started driving, and it was SILENT!!!! I was like "WHAAA?" The noise was gone! We drove a little further waiting to hear the noise, but it wasn't coming back. So we said 'ta heck with it', and decided to see how far we could get. The closer we got to home, the cheaper the tow truck ride would be. WE MADE IT ALL THE WAY HOME!! IT WAS A MIRACLE!!
Comments