A Pap and A Poke

The first part of this blog is COMPLETELY going to be TMI (too much information), but if you know me, you also know I'm full of TMI. So bear with me, or skip the first paragraph:

Today was my annual "womanly" exam! Uuuugh!! I HATE it! I don't know who likes it, but let's be serious ladies... we ALL do it, or have done it, or WILL do it (just like shopping when you're hungry). So I dress all cute today, go to the doctor, check in at the front desk, and then fill out my 20 questions as I'm walking upstairs to the Family Practice level. As I sat down, this crazy Japanese lady grabs me and we start running down the hall while she's saying "Bytals! Bytals" (vitals). She sits me down next to the blood pressure machine and then says "Look! Watch me! I wash hands!" haha. So i watched her wash her hands, and then she took my blood pressure and proceeded to tell me that she can't use hand sanitizer like the other people because it makes her hands break out in a rash. "Pua tings... pua tings..." she says. (poor things). Then we go into the exam room and i see THE DREADED 'DUCK-BILL' aka the 'speculum'. Doesn't that thing make you shiver just by looking at it? So anyway, she told me to undress and put on the paper towel robe, and then left the room. I proceeded to undress, and then SHE WALKS BACK IN!! I ran behind the exam table and said, "I'm undressing!!" "OOOOH! SO SAHDY! SO SAHDY!!" she says, and then pulls the curtain and continues doing whatever she came in the room to do. HAHA! I guess it's a good thing I'm not like super duper private!!

I'll end my story there.


After my appointment, I noticed there were "Donate Blood Today" signs everywhere. I don't know why I'm so passionate about donating blood... it's not like I have a loved one who almost died until they got a blood transfusion... or maybe I do, but don't know it..... WAIT! My DAD had to get a blood transfusion a few months ago, but that's beside the point. I'm just really passionate about donating blood for some weird reason, so when I saw the signs I got excited!

I called Matt and asked him if he would pick Natalie up from preschool because I wanted to donate blood. HE said that they'd kick me out because my iron is too low (because it usually is) but I had a big bowl of Raisin Bran for breakfast, so I was feeling good about it!

So I filled out my paperwork, they poked my finger, and I BARELY made it with my iron count. But I MADE IT! So they stuck me and 10 minutes later I was out the door with my cookies, rice krispie treat, capri sun, deck of cards, and free t-shirt!!!


They told me to leave it on for 2-4 hours, but they prefer 4 hours. Mine came off after 2 1/2 hours. I felt like a dork walking around everywhere with a giant bandage on my arm, like it was a sympathy bandage or something. I was embarrassed. So I took it off.


Here's my hole:

I can donate again on November 13th!!

Here's my free t-shirt:



Being on a military base, I donated to the ASBP (Armed Services Blood Program). I like to donate to the ASBP because they help soldiers who get hurt, and I guess it's my weird way to feel like I'm contributing.

But if you don't have an ASBP in your area, you can always donate to the American Red Cross Association.


Save a life....

Comments

Becky said…
I WANT your T-shirt! It's awesome. I don't mind donating at all and I looked into donating for soldiers but I have to go to Ft Lewis to do it. I called down there and asked how I would do it and it was all long and involved and they don't do it on the week-ends except for some special blood drives. I was going to look into it last summer but things really went to heck in a handbasket. Maybe when you guys are there, I can come and donate. They said I'd have to go through the security stuff which is no big deal, but I'd have to go there and then check and see if I could donate.I guess they don't have for sure days and times. Anyway, maybe when you are there I can do it. Gee, could this comment be any longer?
Angela said…
Ok, THAT was the funniest blog I have read! A Pap and Poke! You are SO stinking hilarious!