Just because I think he's cool.
First off, today was picture day for his class.
And here he is all dressed up and ready for school pictures:
The mohawk was his idea, not mine, but he still looks cute!
He had an appointment with the Pedodontist because he has TWO abscessed teeth to take care of. So when I picked him up at 10:00, I saw his teacher, and she told me that pictures were at 11:20. Crappy! If he doesn't get his picture taken, regardless of whether I'm buying them or not, he won't be in the yearbook or in the class photo!!
Luckily, the Pedodontist didn't take long, and we were back on the road headed for school in no time. We made it back to school at 11:34, I signed him back in, we ran up the stairs to find that there was no one in his class. They were still at P1 where the pictures were being taken! So we both RAN all the way to P1 and made it just in time!!!! Hooray for that!
Then it was time for school to get out.
Our routine is; Natalie and I wait at Nathan's class for him to get out, and then we stay at Nathan's while Matthew meets Kenzie at her class (they're both upstairs) and they both walk down the stairs next to Nathan's classroom to meet me, Natalie, & Nathan.
Get it?
No matter. Anyway, the bell rang and I got Nathan, and then waited, and waited, and waited for Matthew & McKenzie to come down the stairs. And just when I was ready go to UP the stairs to get THEM, they came. McKenzie said, "Matthew can explain what took so long."
I look at Matthew and he has a glass bowl in his hands. He waited after class to buy ME a glass bowl with his raffles that he earned in his Reading Mastery class. WHAT A SWEET BOY!!!
Here is Me & Matthew with my glass bowl:Wasn't that just so sweet of him??
Thinking of me instead of himself!
Have you ever heard of an unselfish 8 year old??
I HAVE ONE!
It gets better....
So then, as my sweet little boy is sitting on the couch, doing his homework right after we walk in the door, WITHOUT being asked....
I looked at his hand, and snuck a picture:It says "Get a vase for mom"
You see... Reading Mastery class is first thing in the morning, and he had to wait until after school to get the vase. So he wrote himself a little reminder note on his hand. I must have missed it when we went to the dentist earlier.
ISN'T THAT THE SWEETEST THING EVER??
He suggested that I fill the vase with water and then put a candle in it, but I didn't want to because if I wash it, it might ruin the ribbon.
So here's what it looks like sitting on my piano:I'm not sure what we did right to deserve such a sweet boy, but he really is!!
Let's end this blog with a rainbow from Wednesday!
Even through all the power lines, it's still a beautiful sign from above!
Comments