"Happy Birthday" Matt


A few weeks ago, our friend Ku'uipo, who is also our Ward's Gospel Doctrine teacher, asked Matt and I if we would team teach a lesson for her one Sunday. So we did it, and it went great. Then later that week, she called to thank us for teaching her class, and said that she wanted to go out on a date with Matt and I to thank us. I mentioned that Matt is leaving, and no thanks is needed because it was no big deal, and I just left it at that.

Then on Sunday, she came up to me after church and said, "We're still on for Tuesday right?" I was like, "we ARE?" haha! We didn't have anything going on, so I said sure, and we said we'd work out the details later.

Well, on Monday we found out that Matt is leaving on WEDNESDAY instead of Thursday, like originally planned, but it didn't interfere with our little date, so no worries.

Then the Advincula's called us and said they wanted to go out with us on Tuesday to say goodbye to Matt before he leaves to NTC! {{we are SO loved!}} So I told Maggie that Ku'uipo already asked me, and suggested that we all go together since we are all friends!! Well, I mentioned that to Ku'uipo as a bunch of us were getting into the van after the Relief Society broadcast at the church, so we invited everyone in the van too!!!

We went to this AWESOME Italian (say it like dad) restaurant in Pearl City that Ku'uipo went to on her birthday earlier that week.

It was us, the Advinculas, the Laumatias, the Akhays, Steph Nakahara, the Dyches, and the Bowens!! It was great! We took up 3 tables!!

I didn't have my camera with me (gasp!), but luckily Steph had HER camera in her purse. She's the one who always gives me a hard time about blogging everything, so it was fun to tease her about having a camera in her purse. She had a valid excuse.

I ordered baked rigatoni, but Frank ordered calamari for an appetizer. I remember having calamari with Matt when we went for our very first Homecoming together. I was a Junior and he was a Senior, and we felt so FANCY eating calamari together! haha.

Well THIS time, it wasn't just the legs!!!!
I dipped it, took a picture of it, ate it, and then asked if it had brains.
They said no, but I wouldn't be able to tell either way. It was good.

During dinner, Matt was making a joke saying that we should tell the waitress that it's Manu's 62nd birthday... well his joke BACKFIRED!!! Without us knowing, Manu told the waitress that it was MATT'S birthday, so that he would get a free Sundae!!
He was embarrassed, but played along.
(I was on the phone with my babysitter)

We are so blessed to have such great friends!!
Here is everyone who joined us for dinner to wish matt a fond farewell:


Maggie & Andres

Duane & Crystal

James & Mavis

Andres, Steph, & James
Steph's husband is deployed, so she got TWO men that night!!
(i think her & james were sharing a joint under the table... LOL)
((you're welcome, steph.))

Ku'uipo & Manu

Moana & Frank

Then Ku'uipo wanted to take a picture of us. I was opposed to the idea because she was sitting right next to me, and I was gonna have like 10 chins!! So I made a bunch of weird faces, and the first picture turned out like this:
I closed my eyes!!

2nd try:
My eyes weren't closed THAT time!!!

3rd time is the charm:
Hellooooooooo CHINS!

Like I said earlier; we are SO blessed to have such great friends!!
I know Heavenly Father puts certain people in our lives for a reason!

Comments

Ashley said…
I promise to play nice if I get invited out on a grown-up date...Ben leaves in single digit days, so I may need some grown up conversation soon! You guys look like alot of fun!
Frank & Moana said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT! Haha! We love and will miss you lots! But of course, our sista Jenilee will be alright! It's party time! (or blog time) LOL
Frank & Moana said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT! Haha! We love and will miss you lots! But of course, our sista Jenilee will be alright! It's party time! (or blog time) LOL