Field Trip Day!

Today was Field Trip Day at school today. McKenzie went with the 4th grade to her favorite place in the world, aka The Ice Palace, aka an ice skating rink, while Matthew and I went with the 3rd grade to Sea Life Park.
I've never been to Sea Life Park before, so I was excited to get a little 'sneak preview' by chaperoning a field trip there.

Here's a video of us all on the bus ready to go.
Mrs. Hale is counting heads:

It was the loudest bus ride in the world!!


Here's Matthew ready for the field trip:

We took H3 to get there. I rarely have a reason to drive on H3, so it's always a privilege to see the other side of the island that is so green and tropical!
I absolutely love these mountains!!
Why couldn't the ARMY get to live in Kaneohe,
and the Marines could have Wahiawa!


We're almost there....


We've arrived at Sea Life Park!


This was my group to chaperone:
Matthew, Keandre, & Kevin


It was kind of weird an unorganized. The teachers sent us all out on our own for a self-guided tour! Me & another mom thought that was weird, so we stuck together.

First we went and looked at this weird little aquarium thingy:

There were Stingrays...

Star fish.....


And two special guest appearances by....

MRS. PUFF (a puffer fish)

and SCUBA STEVE!

Then we went to the Sea Lion exhibit:
Sunbathing

Kevin & Matthew watching the Sea Lions get fed

They yelled "Stations!" and they would all come up for their food.
Some of them would be in the wrong spot, so the trainer would call the Sea Lion by name
and then tell them that they were in the wrong spot, and then they'd move to the right spot.
And after they were done feeding them, the trainers would say "All Pau!" and they'd all swim away!
Matthew loved that!

Here is where we ate our early lunch at 10:30.
There were two dolphins swimming around in the tank,
but our bus left before any dolphin shows started :o(

The Penguins!!
I hear the Penguin from the movie "50 First Dates" lives here

Goin for a swim

I'm not even going to pretend like I know all of their names!!
All I know is the boys from my group, and Matthew on the right.

The Sea Turtles!

Matthew liked the Sea Turtles

We paid $2 for a paper cupful of broccoli and lettuce to feed to the turtles:

This was the "touch & feel" area.
Here is Matthew touching a starfish:

Eeew!

This was a hermit crab:

Here is a real live baby sea turtle.
It's skin felt really weird!

Aloha Matthew!

That's it! All done!
Here we all are doing the final head count!

And that was that! I'm glad I went with the school, instead of paying a bunch of money for my family to go and find out that it's kind of boring....
Don't get me wrong, they have lots of fun activities like SWIMMING WITH THE DOLPHINS, all at an extra cost. So unless you go to do something like that, walking around the park isn't really worth the admission fee, I don't think. That's just my opinion. And you know what they say about opinions......

Comments