I'm crazy right?
How can I hate ANYTHING about Hawaii??
Because I LIVE here. And living here, like any other place, is completely different than visiting here. When you visit, you are wooed by all of the beautiful sights, sounds, and smells that is Hawaii. But living here, you get to see another side to Hawaii.
And thus,
here are the
10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT HAWAII
- Humidity
That cartoon says, "Is it humid today or what?"
You know how when you work out, you always work up a good sweat?
Well it never stops!
You sweat after the shower,
you sweat getting dressed,
you sweat doing your makeup & hair,
then you sit and do nothing and still sweat! - Cockroaches
These sneaky little buggers are probably living in your car, but you just don't know it!
They can live for a month (i think) on just a greasy fingerprint!
Those nasty little things are FAST too!
However I get some kind of enjoyment out of watching it keel over onto it's back and die
after I've sprayed the heck out of it with Raid.
I love you Raid! - MosquitoesTHESE are on the top of my list!
- CentipedesRarely seen, but still there.
- the HEATToday I can say that I don't like the heat.
- Mahus!The good ol' Mahus of Wahiawa.
- Hawaiian "time"Nothing ever starts on time!
- The Price$$Need I remind you of my $7.00 gallon of milk I bought?
- Sand & Salt WaterThis one is gonna make people think I'm crazy, but....
- too many Homeless
It's because of the high cost of living.
If you get sick and have to go to the hospital and then get a medical bill, and can't pay your rent, this is where you'll end up living. There are homeless people EVERYWHERE in Hawaii. All over the beaches living out of tents. It's very sad.
And those are the 10 things I hate about Hawaii!
I COULD do a list of all the things I LOVE about Hawaii,
but that would be too long of a blog.



The dang mosquitoes NEVER DIE because it never gets cold enough here for them to die!
Every time I sit at my computer, my ankles get all bit up by mosquitoes.
When I'm cleaning and sweating, here come the mosquitoes!
I woke up in the middle of the night last night scratching my arm from being bit by a mosquito in my sleep!!!
I LOATHE MOSQUITOES!!!

These things BITE!
and they're POISONOUS!!
I recall the time Natalie was outside in the grass with no shoes on and got BIT by a centipede! Luckily it was an adult centipede who was saving it's venom for it's dinner. You gotta watch out for the baby ones who don't know how to control their venom release yet!
WE got LUCKY!
Trying to kill one??? Just smacking it over and over with your shoe won't do it. I smushed one outside, and found it TWO DAYS later, still alive. If you stomp them, you have to do a 'stomp & smear'. Rip that thing apart! That's how you kill them.

"Hey Jen, what's the weather like today?"
"Hot. Just like every other day!"
We have one season... SUMMER.
It rains occasionally, but it is hot hot hot!
The kind of hot where when you go outside without your shoes on, your tootsies get burned on the cement outside. I should go get an egg to see if it'll cook!
If you drive through Wahiawa when it's dark, the town is crawling with them.
Pretty "Ladies" looking for "a date".
On the mainland we call them Cross-Dressing Prostitutes.
Stay away from the mahus.
Here is what the 'Pidgin To Da Max' says a Mahu is:

Everyone is always on "Hawaiian time" which is 15min. - 1/2 hour LATE!
It drives me batty!

Locals have to work 3 jobs, and still live in a small house.
The cost of living is TERRIBLE.
Luckily, the military gives us COLA (Cost Of Living Allowance) which is about $500 extra a month. I'll be sad to say goodbye to that once we move to Ft. Lewis in April :o(

after you swim in the salty ocean, you have this nasty sticky film all over your body!
I hate it!
You gotta wash a gallon of sand out of your butt crack after you swim in the ocean too!
It's terrible!
PLUS the sand gets all in your car and into the carpet and is hard to vacuum out!
That's why I hate the sand & salt water.

Comments
Love ya'
Sydney