This is my NOT SO GOOD MONDAY.
It started out with me driving all the way down to Waipahu to the Chevy dealership to get a key fob programmed. So I rushed all the kids out the door and off to school, skipped my workout, and drove down to the dealership. Got all checked in, and then the dude brings me my work order to sign. They told me it would be $50 over the phone, but the paper in front of me said $111.00!! So, missing my backbone, I sign the paper and had a seat in the waiting room. I wasn't even there two minutes when a guy holding my key fob comes in and explains to me that the key fob that I brought in was the wrong kind. It was for a Ford!
DANG IT!
So THAT was a waste of gas, driving all the way down to Waipahu and back! So I got in my car and drove home.
On my way home, my "low fuel" light turned on, and I knew I could make it back to Schofield where gas is cheaper. So I drove to the nearest gas station, pulled up to the pump, got out, swiped my card, and then man working there told me that that card reader was broken, but the one behind me wasn't. So I could either go pay the other cashier or just back up a little bit.
So I backed up to the next pump, got out, swiped my card, and IT was broken too!! The guy said sorry, and then suggested that I go over to a pump in the next lane. He even went over and stood in it so that no one else would drive in it. So I got in my car, backed up again, and CRUUUUUUNNNNNCCHHHH!!!
i hit the pole.
What a MORON!
I couldn't believe what I'd just done! I didn't even realize that it was the stinkin POLE that I hit until I looked back. I thought it was my wheel on the curb and kept going!!!! So now I had this big huge bright blue & yellow smear all the way down the side of my car, and worst of all, THE DUDE WATCHED THE WHOLE THING! So my pride was hurt and I was embarrassed. When I pulled up to the next pump, I got out to see the damage, and the guy is looking at all of it saying "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!". I was like "shut up!" but i didn't really say that. I just thought it. I just kept saying, "It's ok. it's ok". What else COULD I say???
So I pumped my gas, scratched the rest of my errands, and just drove home with my tail between my legs and a giant colorful smear of colors down the side of my car.
Sorry, no pictures. I was too ashamed to take any pictures.
Anyhow, when I got home, I got a bucket of water, and between that and my fingernail, I was able to scrape most of the colorful junk off. So it really doesn't look THAT bad. It needs fixed, but.... could have been worse.
Oh! And the BEST part is, that while I was backing up, my gas door was OPEN!!!
So it got all bent backwards and won't close all the way now!!
Can we say "White Trash" anybody??
HAHAHAHA!
Everything that happens to us on this earth is for us to learn and/or grow from. So I tried to figure out what I was supposed to learn from this. I think it was one of two things:
It started out with me driving all the way down to Waipahu to the Chevy dealership to get a key fob programmed. So I rushed all the kids out the door and off to school, skipped my workout, and drove down to the dealership. Got all checked in, and then the dude brings me my work order to sign. They told me it would be $50 over the phone, but the paper in front of me said $111.00!! So, missing my backbone, I sign the paper and had a seat in the waiting room. I wasn't even there two minutes when a guy holding my key fob comes in and explains to me that the key fob that I brought in was the wrong kind. It was for a Ford!
DANG IT!
So THAT was a waste of gas, driving all the way down to Waipahu and back! So I got in my car and drove home.
On my way home, my "low fuel" light turned on, and I knew I could make it back to Schofield where gas is cheaper. So I drove to the nearest gas station, pulled up to the pump, got out, swiped my card, and then man working there told me that that card reader was broken, but the one behind me wasn't. So I could either go pay the other cashier or just back up a little bit.
So I backed up to the next pump, got out, swiped my card, and IT was broken too!! The guy said sorry, and then suggested that I go over to a pump in the next lane. He even went over and stood in it so that no one else would drive in it. So I got in my car, backed up again, and CRUUUUUUNNNNNCCHHHH!!!
i hit the pole.
What a MORON!
I couldn't believe what I'd just done! I didn't even realize that it was the stinkin POLE that I hit until I looked back. I thought it was my wheel on the curb and kept going!!!! So now I had this big huge bright blue & yellow smear all the way down the side of my car, and worst of all, THE DUDE WATCHED THE WHOLE THING! So my pride was hurt and I was embarrassed. When I pulled up to the next pump, I got out to see the damage, and the guy is looking at all of it saying "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!". I was like "shut up!" but i didn't really say that. I just thought it. I just kept saying, "It's ok. it's ok". What else COULD I say???
So I pumped my gas, scratched the rest of my errands, and just drove home with my tail between my legs and a giant colorful smear of colors down the side of my car.
Sorry, no pictures. I was too ashamed to take any pictures.
Anyhow, when I got home, I got a bucket of water, and between that and my fingernail, I was able to scrape most of the colorful junk off. So it really doesn't look THAT bad. It needs fixed, but.... could have been worse.
Oh! And the BEST part is, that while I was backing up, my gas door was OPEN!!!
So it got all bent backwards and won't close all the way now!!
Can we say "White Trash" anybody??
HAHAHAHA!
Everything that happens to us on this earth is for us to learn and/or grow from. So I tried to figure out what I was supposed to learn from this. I think it was one of two things:
#1. I need to look in my mirrors when backing up.
#2. I have an extremely patient and loving husband who didn't even get mad at me!!
I'M SO LUCKY!
So anyway.... THE POLE WON!
And THEN... (yes it gets even better), after Natalie got out of preschool, I took her and Zoey with me over to my friend Christa's house, whom I love dearly but never see anymore. And RIGHT when we pull up, Zoey gets car sick! Kibble all over the seat and the floor. I got out and said, "This is NOT my day."
I can tell this is going to be a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad, Day!!
I think I'll move to Ft. Lewis ;o)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ADD TO POST:
I posted that blog at 11:32 am yesterday. The day was far from over...
So just to add to the things that went wrong yesterday, I wanted to make Matt some homemade bread to show him how truly sorry I am, and my bread didn't rise!!
THEN, we caught Zoey chewing on Matt's old issued Oakleys!!!
#2. I have an extremely patient and loving husband who didn't even get mad at me!!
I'M SO LUCKY!
So anyway.... THE POLE WON!
And THEN... (yes it gets even better), after Natalie got out of preschool, I took her and Zoey with me over to my friend Christa's house, whom I love dearly but never see anymore. And RIGHT when we pull up, Zoey gets car sick! Kibble all over the seat and the floor. I got out and said, "This is NOT my day."
I can tell this is going to be a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad, Day!!
I think I'll move to Ft. Lewis ;o)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ADD TO POST:
I posted that blog at 11:32 am yesterday. The day was far from over...
So just to add to the things that went wrong yesterday, I wanted to make Matt some homemade bread to show him how truly sorry I am, and my bread didn't rise!!
THEN, we caught Zoey chewing on Matt's old issued Oakleys!!!
I never shoulda got outta bed yesterday!
Comments