Flies, Honu, & Rabies

As I was cooking dinner this afternoon, I heard Nathan giggling over by the garbage can. I looked over, and sure enough, there he was, giggling at the garbage can. He looks over at me with a big smile and says, "I love how they rub their hands together! hee hee!" I said, "What?" he said, "the FLY!"

He was giggling at the fly, doing whatever flies do, on the garbage can! Then he says to me, "Today, at lunch, there was a fly on my lunchbox, and he was rubbing his hands together!!! hehe! Just like people!!"

My son loves flies.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
end flies, begin honu

Shortly after the fly incident, Matt came home from work. He's never seen Sea Turtles, or "Honu" (pronounced "ho-noo") as the Hawaiians call them, up close. And since they come out in the afternoon, I thought it'd be fun to take him up to the North Shore so he could see the Honu up close for his very first time. So we DID!

The kids with two Honu basking in the sun

One Honu, Two Honu

See the red rope?
You're only allowed to get so close to them, because if you get too close, they feel threatened and they won't come back to rest at that spot again.
So we all stay back :o)
Here's Zoey sniffin' at the Honu

The guy in the front was big and fat!

Close up!


Honu #3

He had a few nasty little barnacles on him

Matt didn't like their gross looking tails

Look at his little 'flipper prints' from where he crawled up onto the beach:

"Yay! We saw the Honu!"

Matt holding Zoey back away from the water so she doesn't get wet and stinky again:


Look at my cute Zo!

She's got a little sandy nose!
And that was our trip to the North Shore to see the Sea Turtles!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
end honu, begin rabies

This next little video is Matt and I bored one evening with some Fizzy Soda candy:


Haha!
I know I'm retarded, but it was really funny to say "I got bit by a dog" while I was foaming at the mouth from the Fizzy Soda candy!
We're LAAAAAME!

Comments

Ashley said…
Who is cuter, the pup, kids or honu???
Jeanelle said…
So so cute. I can't wait to get to dog-sit Zoe. And yes, you are TOTALLY lame! And rabid.