First Day of KINDERGARTEN!

NATHAN WENT TO KINDERGARTEN TODAY!!!

I called the school because we missed orientation, and Nathan's teacher, Mrs. Kuderka aka "Mrs. K" called back and suggested that I bring Nathan in on Tuesday because it was a short day (11:45 release). And he acted fine the rest of the day (aside from his throat hurting when he ate), so I sent him to school today!!

We all went together in the morning, and Kenzie & Matthew ate breakfast in the cafeteria while Nathan, Natalie and I went to Nathan's classroom to meet with his teacher.

Nathan and Mrs. K

She took his school supplies, showed him where his desk is, and then asked if we could come back that afternoon for a kindergarten evaluation.

Nathan's desk

Then we went back into the cafeteria and found Kenzie and Matthew eating breakfast.

I forgot Nathan's scrambled eggs, that I made for him, at home. But luckily they were serving soft food for breakfast, so I sat Nathan down by McKenzie and asked her to share. He ate her banana and cinnamon cake. Kenzie eats Rice Krispies with Chocolate Milk every day! gross!

He did fine at school. He came home and told me, "My friend at school frew up on the floor..." I said, "He DID?!?" and Nathan said, "Yeah. The black one." I had to laugh. I asked Mrs. K about that later, and she said that it did happen. Poor kid.

But other than complaining about a sore throat when he eats, Nathan is doing GREAT! I'll be happy when this is all over and done with. He's like having a newborn baby! Crying sporadically whenever his throat hurts, and then me trying to console him. It's hard work. We just gotta keep stocked up on Otter Pops and we're good. That his sore throat remedy :o) He's still super skinny, so I work hard on fattening him up. And he's developed a little bit of an attitude after being waited on hand and foot for a week!! He needs a reality check every now and then.

Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers while Nathan went through his surgery/recovery!

MAHALO NUI LOA!


Comments