We just go back to Hawaii on Tuesday, and my good friend Moana let me know that there was a Ward Social at Haleiwa Ali'i Beach Park on Saturday from 10-2. We didn't have any plans, so we went! We got there at about 10:30 after getting lost and driving all the way past Waialua before I called Steph Nakahara and asked her where the heck to go! Luckily Steph knew, and we were no longer led astray :o)
But anyway, when we got there, we couldn't find anyone from our ward! So we just parked and walked down to the water to let the kids play. It turns out we were the first ones there, and everyone else got there around 11. We even brought ZOEY with us to play at the beach!
Here are the kids jumping over the waves
My handsome hubby
Ooh La La!!
Then I remembered that we brought the kids' boogie boards that grandma & grandpa Fergy bought for them when they came to visit earlier this year.
They didn't know how to do it! Look at Kenzie standing on it like it's a surfboard!!
So I had to explain to them how to "ride a wave" onto the shore.
They practiced a few times, and then got the hang of it!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!!
Kenzie caught a wave too!
Here's a video of the kids playing in the water:
(the undertow scares the crap outta me!)
and here's another one....
I like to watch them get knocked down.
Nathan liked jumping over the waves
We saw some paddlers too. It looks like fun!
The Nan playing in the sand:
Nathan sat there with his nose plugged, waiting for a wave to come and knock him over.
Then he'd laugh and plug his nose and wait for another wave!
Crazy kid!
THE SANDMAN!!!
Then Nathan, Natalie, & Matthew dug a big hole in the sand for a wave to come and fill up with water. (too bad we didn't find a skull like the Advinculas did!)
Daddy sitting on the beach with Zoey
Look at her little nose! She kept EATING the sand!
Later, Matt brought her down to the waterfront. She was a little bit scared of the waves, but got brave and excited and started jetting back and forth! She ran so fast that she busted out of her cat collar that we have on her, and she went flying back and forth down the beach. She wasn't bothering anybody so we just let her keep going. Run some of that energy out! THEN, she got a little bit braver and ran a little bit closer to the water, and a big wave came and crashed down on top of her!!! I saw it coming, and I just laughed! I knew she'd be ok. So after getting soaked by the wave, she walked over to me and just sat right next to me. That calmed her down real quick!! HAHA! Poor Zo.
So after getting drenched in ocean water, you can imagine that we had a SMELLY DOG!!
And when you got a smelly dog, you gotta give em' a bath!
My little Zo doesn't mind baths at all, so EVERYONE, including the dog, got a bath when we got home that afternoon.
After I give Zoey a bath, I wrap her up in a towel and carry her around like a baby:
She actually likes it. She goes to sleep.
Here's our clean, NON STINKY, wet dog
(she looks a lot smaller when she's wet! No fluff!)
We should go to the beach more often!
Comments