Sad News :'o(


Matt's Grandma passed away this afternoon. We knew she was sick, and we were working with the Red Cross to get a letter so that we can get Emergency Leave to go see her, and while we were doing all of the phone calling back and forth, she passed :'o( So now we're taking our little trip to Washington a little earlier than planned. It'll be good to be able to fly commercial and not have to wonder when/if we'll get back to Hawaii in time.

Sad for US, but not for her. She's not in any pain anymore, and she's with her family. We just have to live the rest of our lives without her sweet spirit.

GOOD THING FAMILIES ARE FOREVER!

Now all we can do is remember all of the fun times we had with her.
I have to say, that the very first time I met her, was in kind of an awkward situation. But she didn't treat me like I was just some 16 year old girl who was pregnant with her grandson's baby. She accepted me into the family right way. She's always showed me unconditional love an acceptance. And I am so blessed that I got to have her as a part of my life for the time that I did.

And I'll miss those random road trips we'd take down to Springfield, Oregon to visit Grandma for the weekend. Boy, would she put Matt to work!! But he loved it though. And she'd take me outside to show me her pretty flowers in her garden in the back yard. And then we'd get out all of the photo albums and go through them, while she'd tell me who's who.

She loved her grand babies!!!
I remember taking a trip down there after Nathan was born
"Little Matt" as she called him, talking to Gramma Fergy
She told me to take this picture. She loved it! A man, holding his baby, and talking on the phone at the same time. It was her favorite!
She cherished her family.
Here she is again, with Nathan, a few years later:

Here she is holding Brian at Chelsea's wedding:

... and then Elyse:

I can only HOPE that I turn out to be as good of a person as she was.

We'll miss you Gramma Fergy :o(
See you in the next life!

Comments