As you all know, Matt has reenlisted in the United States Army for 6 years and his choice of duty station (Ft. Lewis), where we'll be moving to in April. 6 years starts from when he reenlisted. So it knocked off a year and a half of the original contract he already had.
But anyway, since we are back in Hawaii, we needed to do the CEREMONY. The Army has a ceremony for EVERYTHING! We were almost late because Matt was at the dentist. His appointment was at 7:30, and he told them where he needed to be and when, and they told him that it'd be quick and that he'd have plenty of time. Not the case. We got there with 4 minutes to spare, and everyone was there waiting for us. We were greeted by Colonel Baker and Major DeCecchis, and then shewed up to the front of the room where we ALL had to stand! I thought it would only be Matt. There was another guy and his family reenlisting too. So, quickly, I asked Captain Butler to give my camera to Major DeCecchis to take pictures for me. He's so nice :o) I only have pictures because of him!


Then the ceremony began, and Captain Butler presented ME (and the other wife) with a Certificate of Appreciation.

Here's what it says:
To
JENILEE F. FERGUSON
on the occasion of the reenlistment of your spouse I wish to extend to you my personal gratitude and the appreciation of the United States Army for the assistance you have provided during the Army service of your spouse. The Army family life is a special experience with its own unique rewards and challenges. I share your pride in the contributions you have made, and I trust that you will support your spouse's decision and objectives in continuing an Army career.
Nice huh? I didn't expect it.
After that, the families stepped aside while the Matt and the other guy recited the Oath of Enlistment.

We originally asked for Major DeCecchis to do the Oath of Enlistment, but I guess they wanted to get it done quick, so Captain Butler did it.
Here we are with Matt's reenlistment certificate:

Hopefully our NEXT Army Ceremony will be a PROMOTION Ceremony ;o)
But anyway, since we are back in Hawaii, we needed to do the CEREMONY. The Army has a ceremony for EVERYTHING! We were almost late because Matt was at the dentist. His appointment was at 7:30, and he told them where he needed to be and when, and they told him that it'd be quick and that he'd have plenty of time. Not the case. We got there with 4 minutes to spare, and everyone was there waiting for us. We were greeted by Colonel Baker and Major DeCecchis, and then shewed up to the front of the room where we ALL had to stand! I thought it would only be Matt. There was another guy and his family reenlisting too. So, quickly, I asked Captain Butler to give my camera to Major DeCecchis to take pictures for me. He's so nice :o) I only have pictures because of him!
Then the ceremony began, and Captain Butler presented ME (and the other wife) with a Certificate of Appreciation.
Here's what it says:
To
JENILEE F. FERGUSON
on the occasion of the reenlistment of your spouse I wish to extend to you my personal gratitude and the appreciation of the United States Army for the assistance you have provided during the Army service of your spouse. The Army family life is a special experience with its own unique rewards and challenges. I share your pride in the contributions you have made, and I trust that you will support your spouse's decision and objectives in continuing an Army career.
Nice huh? I didn't expect it.
After that, the families stepped aside while the Matt and the other guy recited the Oath of Enlistment.
Here we are with Matt's reenlistment certificate:
Hopefully our NEXT Army Ceremony will be a PROMOTION Ceremony ;o)
Comments
But I'm laughing just to keep from crying from missing the Fergs so much!!