July 12th

~~~SATURDAY, JULY 12th~~~

Today was the big day that we went out to Salty's for brunch. Jaylene had asked me before I even came here if we could have a girls' day out one day and go to Salty's. So she brought her husband over to mom's house, and he watched all the kids while we went to Salty's!

Here's Jaylene's husband, Justin, playing with the kids before we left:

On our way to Salty's!

SALTY'S on ALKI!

The restaurant is on the shore front with a gorgeous view of the Seattle Skyline:

It's like the biggest buffet you could imagine!!!
Food everywhere!!
Even a CHOCOLATE FONDUE FOUNTAIN!!

Here's all the girls:
Jana, Jenilee, Jeanelle, Jaylene, & Mama
Our gorgeous view:

Me being me:

Jaylene & Mama

my 2nd plate(S) of food :o)

Jaylene loves her KETCHUP!!!

Jana & Me :o)

Oops! I got a little bit of apple dumpling on my face!
(Jeanelle is pointing it out for you)

Jeanelle taking pictures like me

Ok... This picture was a total mockery of the people who were sitting across from us. They were totally staging their picture and posing like this. So we did it too:

Brunch was the best EVER, and we were on our way home when....
JANA'S CAR WOULDN'T START!!!
So being the professional mechanic that I am, I tried a few things and the decided that it was either her starter or her alternator.
Come to find out, I WAS RIGHT, it was her starter. So she called a tow-truck to tow her to a repair shop. My sisters & mom left, and I stayed behind with Jana, planning on riding in the tow truck with her.
TWO HOURS went by before we saw the tow truck. They valet boys brought us 7-UP about an hour and a half into it. What nice boys :o)
Jana with her 7-Up

TWO hours later.... The tow truck guy comes, only to find out that he's got his KID in the truck with him, so I can't ride!!!!!!!

So I called Jeanelle, and she came and got me. I wandered around Alki Beach while I waited for her, and then we all took pretty scenery pics once she got there.


I only spent FIVE HOURS at Salty's that day, and got SUNBURNED... AGAIN!!!
What the heck???!!! I live in HAWAII!! So why is it that when I go to WASHINGTON, the "rainy state" I get SUNBURNED 3 day in a row??!!

So anyway, later on we realized that Jana has a MANUAL car and we could have PUSH STARTED IT!!! morons!! oh well... ya live and learn...
After Jeanelle got me, we made a quick stop at Costco.
I thought it was funny when I found a lady and her kid taking a nap on one of the model couches. I know I always go to Costco when I need a good nap! LOL!

It was a long day, but we finally made it back home!

Night time bath for the girls!

WHOA! Nice hair, Kenna!

So that was my fun-filled Saturday. Hopefully Sunday is less eventful....

Comments