HAPPY
4th
OF
JULY
So we've made it to the mainland and are currently in Eugene, Oregon!
The Hippie capitol of the world!!

Nata's "take a picture of me, mama" face:

Oddly enough, it was a culture shock to me when I got off of the airplane! I thought "Look at all the WHITE people!!" It really was weird. They were everywhere.
Dick & Becky drove 2 1/2 hours from Eugene to Portland to pick us up at the airport. So after our 5 hour flight, we got in the car and drove to our hotel.
On the way, when we were about 30 miles away from our Hotel, Dick started slapping his cheeks because he was sleepy, so Becky offered to drive. So we pulled over and Becky got in. It was about midnight, and about 10 minutes down the road, BECKY started slapping her cheeks trying to stay awake. Me, still being on Hawaiian time, was wide awake as the night was still young, so I was getting a little nervous about my sleepy drivers, and offered to drive. They accepted!
So we pulled over AGAIN, to change drivers and for Matt (yes, big Matt) to relieve himself. So with me behind the wheel, and Dick in the passenger seat saying "Don't scare me Jen!... OH NO! Look out for that big truck next to us! Watch out for the barricade!!" we made it to our hotel. It was a very nice hotel, and even NICER of Dick & Becky to get it for us. On Wednesday night I said to Matt, "Well... we'd better enjoy our last night sleep in our bed, because who knows where we're gonna be sleeping tomorrow!" So this was a pleasant surprise.

We all went up to our rooms (which are right across from one another) and Dick & Becky told us to just wake them up whenever we got up (thinking that we'd sleep in). So for the next morning, so that we wouldn't sleep too late, we set our alarm for 8:30, because Continental Breakfast is from 6-9:30am. Keep in mind that we stayed up till about 2am PST (Pacific Standard Time), which was only 11:00pm HST (Hawaii Standard Time), which is normal for me. So when that alarm went off at 8:30am, my brain said, "IT'S 5:30AM! GO BACK TO SLEEP!" So I hit the snooze button until 9:00 and then woke everybody up to go to breakfast. Dick & Becky weren't even wake yet!! So we went down and had our Continental Breakfast which consisted of biscuits and gravy, waffles, cereal, muffins, pastries, and juice.
After breakfast, we went up and got ready for the day. Becky's phone had been ringing off the hook with "Where's Matt & Jen?". Everyone wanted to see us! We are so loved :o)
So we drove over to Grandma Fergy's house. On the way there, all of my kids were freaking out at how many "McKenzie" signs there were!! Springfield is next to the McKenzie River, so everything is called McKenzie. Even street signs:
Kenzie thought it was cool at first, but then she thought it was weird.
And before we made it to Grandma's house, we took a trip down memory lane and drove by the house that Matt lived in when he was a little boy. His parents built it:

When we got to grandma's house, Chelsea & her baby Ryan were there, and shorty after David & Jessica and their 4 kids came. In the meantime, I had fun going through all of the pictures that Gramma had of our family. I think I liked the Ferguson family MULLET picture the best!! ALLL the kids had mullets!!! LOL!
Here's Matt & his little brother David
(you can see me trying to lean out of the picture, with a box of pictures in my lap)

After a while, we walked a few blocks up to the park to play for a while.

Kenzie & Ryan swinging.
Ryan really really likes McKenzie

Matt, Mary, & Dick


My monkey Natalie

Nathan a little unsure about hanging

Playing ball at the park

Uncle Matt giving Ryan a shoulder ride:

After the park we went to Wal Mart. While I was at the check out stand, I heard this TERRIBLE music!! I looked to see where it was coming from, and there was this old lady standing in the doorway singing God Bless America! So after I was done checking out, I walked over to her and said, "I'm going to video you!"
I couldn't miss an opportunity like this:
After Wal Mart around dinner time, we packed up a bunch of stuff into the cars and drove to the park that we went to earlier, and had a little barbecue.
Here are a few pictures I took at Grandma's house before we left for the BBQ:
Aunt Chelsea loves Kenzie

Nathan loves gross snails

Hi Chelsea!

Chelsea's son, Ryan, likes to eat sidewalk chalk, thanks to Uncle Matt :o)

Cousin Alison (chelsea's clone)

Uncle Steve & Aunt Bonnie

Mary in her cute little tutu I bought for her

THESE NEXT PICTURES ARE FROM THE PARK BBQ
David & Jessica and Me & Matt
(i'm lookin tough cuz i just opened the bag of chips that matt's mom couldn't open!)

Matt up in a tree, just like at home

Aunt Bonnie & Matt's mom Becky

Me letting Nathan listen in on my iPod

Nan's turn for some iPod tunes...

See.... Ryan loves McKenzie (and soda pop too!)

Matt holding Ryan's arms and legs while Chelsea puts a tattoo on him!

TA-DA!
What an awesome tat!

Kenzie & Gunner in a tree

After the BBQ at the park, we went back to Grandma's house and set off FIREWORKS!!!
All the kids were so excited!


This is a FUNNY VIDEO!
The kids were yelling "More! More! More!" while the fireworks were being set off.
KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE GIRL IN THE RED CHAIR!!!!
hahahaha!
Here's a video of some flashy cool fireworks:
Then it was SPARKLER TIME!


this one is COOL!
Matt had THE PUNK!
SMOOOOOOKE!

Here is a VIDEO of the kids with their sparklers!
(you can hear Natalie get in trouble for holding her sparkler too close to another little girl)
And now, here I am again, on the computer after midnight, because it's only 9:30 in Hawaii!
I'm sleeping in tomorrow.
I GOTTA GET RID OF THIS JET LAG!!!
The Hippie capitol of the world!!
Nata's "take a picture of me, mama" face:
Oddly enough, it was a culture shock to me when I got off of the airplane! I thought "Look at all the WHITE people!!" It really was weird. They were everywhere.
Dick & Becky drove 2 1/2 hours from Eugene to Portland to pick us up at the airport. So after our 5 hour flight, we got in the car and drove to our hotel.
On the way, when we were about 30 miles away from our Hotel, Dick started slapping his cheeks because he was sleepy, so Becky offered to drive. So we pulled over and Becky got in. It was about midnight, and about 10 minutes down the road, BECKY started slapping her cheeks trying to stay awake. Me, still being on Hawaiian time, was wide awake as the night was still young, so I was getting a little nervous about my sleepy drivers, and offered to drive. They accepted!
So we pulled over AGAIN, to change drivers and for Matt (yes, big Matt) to relieve himself. So with me behind the wheel, and Dick in the passenger seat saying "Don't scare me Jen!... OH NO! Look out for that big truck next to us! Watch out for the barricade!!" we made it to our hotel. It was a very nice hotel, and even NICER of Dick & Becky to get it for us. On Wednesday night I said to Matt, "Well... we'd better enjoy our last night sleep in our bed, because who knows where we're gonna be sleeping tomorrow!" So this was a pleasant surprise.
We all went up to our rooms (which are right across from one another) and Dick & Becky told us to just wake them up whenever we got up (thinking that we'd sleep in). So for the next morning, so that we wouldn't sleep too late, we set our alarm for 8:30, because Continental Breakfast is from 6-9:30am. Keep in mind that we stayed up till about 2am PST (Pacific Standard Time), which was only 11:00pm HST (Hawaii Standard Time), which is normal for me. So when that alarm went off at 8:30am, my brain said, "IT'S 5:30AM! GO BACK TO SLEEP!" So I hit the snooze button until 9:00 and then woke everybody up to go to breakfast. Dick & Becky weren't even wake yet!! So we went down and had our Continental Breakfast which consisted of biscuits and gravy, waffles, cereal, muffins, pastries, and juice.
After breakfast, we went up and got ready for the day. Becky's phone had been ringing off the hook with "Where's Matt & Jen?". Everyone wanted to see us! We are so loved :o)
So we drove over to Grandma Fergy's house. On the way there, all of my kids were freaking out at how many "McKenzie" signs there were!! Springfield is next to the McKenzie River, so everything is called McKenzie. Even street signs:
And before we made it to Grandma's house, we took a trip down memory lane and drove by the house that Matt lived in when he was a little boy. His parents built it:
When we got to grandma's house, Chelsea & her baby Ryan were there, and shorty after David & Jessica and their 4 kids came. In the meantime, I had fun going through all of the pictures that Gramma had of our family. I think I liked the Ferguson family MULLET picture the best!! ALLL the kids had mullets!!! LOL!
Here's Matt & his little brother David
(you can see me trying to lean out of the picture, with a box of pictures in my lap)
After a while, we walked a few blocks up to the park to play for a while.
Kenzie & Ryan swinging.
Ryan really really likes McKenzie
Matt, Mary, & Dick
My monkey Natalie
Nathan a little unsure about hanging
Playing ball at the park
Uncle Matt giving Ryan a shoulder ride:
After the park we went to Wal Mart. While I was at the check out stand, I heard this TERRIBLE music!! I looked to see where it was coming from, and there was this old lady standing in the doorway singing God Bless America! So after I was done checking out, I walked over to her and said, "I'm going to video you!"
I couldn't miss an opportunity like this:
After Wal Mart around dinner time, we packed up a bunch of stuff into the cars and drove to the park that we went to earlier, and had a little barbecue.
Here are a few pictures I took at Grandma's house before we left for the BBQ:
Aunt Chelsea loves Kenzie
Nathan loves gross snails
Hi Chelsea!
Chelsea's son, Ryan, likes to eat sidewalk chalk, thanks to Uncle Matt :o)
Cousin Alison (chelsea's clone)
Uncle Steve & Aunt Bonnie
Mary in her cute little tutu I bought for her
THESE NEXT PICTURES ARE FROM THE PARK BBQ
David & Jessica and Me & Matt
(i'm lookin tough cuz i just opened the bag of chips that matt's mom couldn't open!)
Matt up in a tree, just like at home
Aunt Bonnie & Matt's mom Becky
Me letting Nathan listen in on my iPod
Nan's turn for some iPod tunes...
See.... Ryan loves McKenzie (and soda pop too!)
Matt holding Ryan's arms and legs while Chelsea puts a tattoo on him!
TA-DA!
What an awesome tat!
Kenzie & Gunner in a tree
After the BBQ at the park, we went back to Grandma's house and set off FIREWORKS!!!
All the kids were so excited!
This is a FUNNY VIDEO!
The kids were yelling "More! More! More!" while the fireworks were being set off.
KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE GIRL IN THE RED CHAIR!!!!
hahahaha!
Here's a video of some flashy cool fireworks:
Then it was SPARKLER TIME!
Here is a VIDEO of the kids with their sparklers!
(you can hear Natalie get in trouble for holding her sparkler too close to another little girl)
And now, here I am again, on the computer after midnight, because it's only 9:30 in Hawaii!
I'm sleeping in tomorrow.
I GOTTA GET RID OF THIS JET LAG!!!
Comments