Kickin it with the Colonel


All my props go to Matt for this blog title. I said, "What title should I use for my award?" He said, "Kickin it with the Colonel." PERFECT! Thanks Matty :o)

Anyhow....
a few weeks ago I received an invitation in the mail stating that I had been selected to be honored at the 25th Combat Aviation Brigade Volunteer Recognition Ceremony on June 12th at 1:00pm. So I asked Matt if he'd babysit, and he said he would, so I RSVP'd.

Then June 12th came, and I couldn't, for the life of me, find the stupid place! I drove circles around it, reading all of the address numbers, and I still couldn't find it. So finally I just parked, and started walking in the direction that made the address numbers go down. It had to be around there somewhere. So I stopped at the shoppette and called Matt, afraid to ask a stranger for directions, when I looked across the street, and saw a bunch of big balloons clearly marking where the ceremony was being held! DORK!! I'm so dumb. So anyway, I found it and went inside, seeing NO ONE that I knew, and then I heard a man yell, "Jenilee!". And I looked over and it was my old next door neighbor Tyrone! I was glad to see him! He was going to be the photographer for the Award Ceremony.

Here's a VIDEO Tropic Lightning Band gettin a lil' JAZZY while we waited!


So I signed in and was directed where to sit. The seat even had MY NAME on it!! Oh wow!
I was being awarded the Silver Award (whatever that means).

They called my name, I walked up on stage, past the Colonel, to the Col.'s wife who presented me with a shell lei and a hug, then I did a little dance on stage trying to figure out which way to go when I was really supposed to just turn around and get my certificate from the Colonel. We all smiled, took a picture, then I turned to Command Sergeant Major (CSM) Ruiz who put a challenge coin in my hand when he shook it, then went back to my seat.

Here's the picture:
CSM Ruiz, COL Lundy's wife, ME, COL Lundy, and Robertta Cole
All of the picture props go to Tyrone for being an awesome photographer!
He even personally sent it to me! Thanks!

Here's my award:
it says: in recognition of your outstanding contributions to
the 25th Combat Aviation Brigade Family Readiness Group and your
support and service to Families and Soldiers.
Thank you for your selfless service and devotion to the Army mission.
Mahalo Nui Loa.


Here's my coin
(it's actually my 2nd, duplicate)
Again... it's nice to be appreciated

Comments

Jeanelle said…
so proud of you, my favorite Army Wife! ;)
Anonymous said…
Way to go and so well deserved. I know it was a hard job for you but you stepped up when no one else did, even though you were new, and obviously provided an amazing service. Remember when you had to call all the wives and let them know their husbands had to stay in Iraq an additional 3 months? No one would take their part in the calling tree so you had to do them all. That had to be really hard, but you did it! Pat yourself on the back.

Mom Becky
Frank & Moana said…
Awesome my fried...my sistah! Not only are you and outstanding Young Women's leader, but you also provide unselfish and humble service as and FRG leader! Congratulations
Sister Akhay