HaPpY BiRtHdAy to ME


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MEEEEE...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!

Yay! I turned 27 today!
When I woke up I opened the card I got from Dick & Becky.
THANK YOU!

My brother Rick came to Hawaii today too!
His plane came in around 11:30, and the kids got out of school at 11:00. But I wanted to meet him at the airport with his leis, for a true Hawaiian greeting. So he didn't know I was coming. I picked up the kids, and we RUSHED down to the airport, found a place to park, went to baggage claim and looked at the screen to see where he'd be. We were at D and he was gonna be at H anytime!! So we booked it down to baggage chaim H and no one was there! WE BEAT HIM!! So yay for us. We sat there for about 5 minutes with our leis

and then we saw him! I knew he wouldn't see me because he wasn't looking for me. He almost walked right past me when I said, "ALOHA!" and he looked over and said, "HEY! THERE SHE IS!" and gave me a hug!

He looked really good, but I had to laugh at him while he was standing at the car rental counter in his SOCKS & SLIPPERS!!!


It was SOOOO funny!
(sorry Rick.... i had to blog it ;o))

After he got his rental car, he wanted to go see where his Hotel was. He looked a little lost and nervous, so I looked at his map said, "Do you wanna follow me to it?" and he says, "Would ya?" I didn't know exactly which building it was, but by looking at the map, I knew where it was. So we drove down to Honolulu and then drove in circles trying to find this dang hotel because there was no sign with it's name. So he told me to go ahead and go home and he'd come to my house later after her drove around a bit familiarizing himself with the area.

Later, I went and met Rick at the gate and he followed me to my house where WE OPENED PRESENTS!!!
My mom and sister had sent my presents with him since he was seeing me.

First, I opened my present from Jaylene!
Once I felt it, I KNEW what it was!
I was SO excited!

but first I opened the card, which cracked me up!

It said on the front,
Life is filled with simple, yet beautiful, moments...
(with a picture of a man leaning over to kiss a woman)

on the inside it said,
"...and the ones I share with you are simply beautiful.
Happy Birthday
with All My Heart

Your Love,
Jaylene"

HAHAHAHAHA! if you know her, you'll understand.
Thanks for the card, Jay :o)

Then I opened my PRESENT!


YAY! JUST WHAT I WANTED!
A ZAPPING FLY SWATTER!!!

It never freezes in Hawaii so the bugs never die.
And if the kids leave the door open for longer than it takes for them to get in, here come the flies!!!
So we jacked two D batteries out of a flashlight and went into the kitchen to find a fly. And I FOUND ONE!
I smacked it and ZAP!!
Then I showed it zapping to Matt, and then it went POP!
BIG SPARKS! This is gonna be my favorite household item!
THANK YOU JAYLENE FOR MAKING MY DREAMS COME TRUE!

Next was a bag of clothes....
I had an inkling on what I thought it was.
This is my 'inkling' face:

I KNEW IT!

It was the shirt I wore to Chelsea's reception. Jaylene asked me a while ago if I wanted it, so that's why I knew what it was.
But I didn't know it'd have another shirt in it!

And ANOTHER one!!
This one cracked me up because of what it said on it:

"Heartbreak Ranch
BOYS BEWARE
wild girls on premises"

I shall wear it always.

Then it was time for Mom's present

but after a quick Zoey pet
(Rick was petting her too)


I thiiiiiink I know what it iiiiis....


opening....

unwrapping...

Can it BE???
CINNAMON BEARS!!!!!
(very hard to find in Hawaii)

AND MONEY!!!
THANKS MOM!
About a week ago, my mom asked me if there was anything that she could get me that I couldn't get in Hawaii, and I said,
"Cinnamon Bears! Now go down to Winco and hook me up!"
THANK YOU FOR HOOKING ME UP MAMA!

After the presents were open, it was time to go out to dinner.

Rick had already told me that he wanted to take me out to dinner for my birthday, and I picked Bubba Gump's in the Ala Moana Mall. He was fading fast because of the jet lag, so we scurried on down there. But not before a fun FAMILY PICTURE....
.... and a chair breaking ceremony!!!
So obviously, I've spent a lot of time in my computer time blogging all the time. And our cheap ol' chair was on it's last leg. So we decided to put it to rest once and for all...
Here's the VIDEO of the chair breaking ceremony:


No, it didn't hurt. It was just really funny.

SO, back to dinner... we called ahead because we had so many people and didn't want to wait forever for a seat. So we got right in when we got there. We had a great dinner, and rick told our waitress that it was my birthday, so they made me stand up and hold my sundae while everyone clapped and sang to me. The Japanese table next to us really like it! They even took a PICTURE of me. Weird... they like blondes. They kept staring at McKenzie and Natalie. But they didn't speak English. Except for they said, "Happy Birthday" to me when I was on my way out.

All in all, it was a GREAT birthday!

I want to thank everyone:
Rick- for coming to visit and taking me out
Matt- for an iPod docking station! *yessss*
Mom- for calling me and for the cinnamon bears and money
Dad- for calling me and for the check that is on it's way ;o)
Jaylene- for calling me for the funny card, fly zapper, & clothes
Dick & Becky- for the check and for singing to me :o)
Heather Jensen- FOR MY CUTE NEW BLOG!!!
(go here if you want her to create one for you)
Jeanelle- for calling me and PAYING for my cute new blog
Katy- for calling me at McDonalds on my birthday
Nicky- for instant messaging me a 'Happy birthday'
Christa- for taking me out to lunch yesterday
Charlotte- for calling me on my birthday
Sarah- for REMEMBERING my birthday
Stephanie- for being my 1st Happy Birthday besides Matt
Josh & Rebekah- for remembering me on my birthday
My Peeps on Myspace- for all the Happy Birthday Comments
and The Senior Missionaries- for stopping by on my birthday
eventhough they didnt' know it was my birthday!!! lol

I hope I didn't miss anybody

Comments

Happy Happy Birthday! and Oh! I feel so special I was on your list! :) Thanks for the shout out! :) I know about the cinamon bears in Hawaii too....they are hard to find. I don't know if I told you we lived there. My hubby and I went to BYU -H and lived in Laie....Anyways Happy day to you again! Glad you love your blog. Turned out so cute! :)
Angela said…
I LOVE your pretty blog. I want a pretty blog too!
Happy Birthday to you! I will try to make you another pistachio pie some day. I am on the mainland but I checked you out. Do you take your camera EVERYWHERE and always have it out? You are amazing!
Mer said…
Happy Belated B-day Jen! You are such a fun girl! Seriously, I love reading your entries, they crack me up. I'm glad you had a great birthday!