Ft. Lewis or WOC SCHOOL!!

Good news!

Matt called the Branch Manager of his MOS/job (63B) this morning, in Maryland, to ask them about the stop-loss date for his MOS. And they told him it was up to his Brigade Commander. They also said that the Army will bend over backwards for a 1st re-enlistment, and if he has problems with anything, to call them back and they'll straighten things out!!

So YAY!
WE'RE MOVING TO FT. LEWIS, WASHINGTON!

So on July 8th, when he re-enlists, and signs all of the paperwork, it'll be official;
We'll be moving in April 2009 (only 9 months away!) unless, of course, he gets picked up for WOC School (Warrant Officer Candidacy School) before April, and in that case, we'll go to Ft. Rucker, Alabama instead. It's possible, but not likely.
It's all kind of bitter-sweet...

I'm SO excited to have the best of both worlds;
Be in the Army, AND at home!! So when Matt deploys next (which he will), I will be at HOME with a HUGE support group of friends and family to help me through it!!
But...
I'm going to miss Hawaii SOOOO much!

Comments

Chantell said…
Wow, that so ccol that you'll get o be near family..thats always a good thing! I'm happy for you guys, but I know everyone (myself included) will really miss you guys!
chantell
Nicky said…
I'm not jumping up and down for joy until you buttheads are here. Lol. What's sweet about April '09 is that that's when we should be getting our house on-post. We have to wait a year for our house to be open for us, and April is the 12-month mark. :-) Wanna stay with the Hynson's until tu casa is ready for ya?? :-) CAN, YA KNOW!! ALL you guys are welcome to stay in our hale for as long as you like. ;-) Wouldn't it be sweetness if Matty and Trav ended up in the same unit?? Ahhh...we can dream, can't we? Lol. Tty soon chica. God Bless you guys. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU NEXT MONTH!!!