Birdays & Crazy Birds!




Today, my neighbor, Nicole, invited us over for a birthday barbeque for her baby, Brenton's, 1st birthday. You may remember him from when I babysat him at the end of the school year.

Here's Matt holding the birthday boy Brenton.
He fell asleep while he was holding him!

Anyway... Nicole told me to have the kids come in their swim suits because they had a bunch of water balloons. So that explains why the kids are in their swim suits.

Check out Natalie's shoes she picked out:

First they played basketball for a while,

then we noticed that this noisy bird, that we always hear (it swears too), was out of it's cage and crawling on the fence. It's a pretty bird, so I took a picture of it.

Then Natalie took an interest in it, and walked towards it with her hands in the air
saying, "Hi birdy!":
She didn't get too close... we were still unsure of it.

Then I got brave!
I walked up to the fence, held out my arm, and he crawled up my arm, onto my shoulder.....

....and started nibbling on my ear!!!
It TICKLED!!!
He liked my shiny diamond earrings!!
What bird DOESN'T love a little *bling*bling*?
Natalie named him "Nibble" after that.

Then MATT got brave!

With his back to the fence......

.....the bird climbed onto his arm......
.....and went straight for the watch!


Here's "Nibbles" nibbling on Matt's watch.
(as you can guess, that was short-lived. Matt loves his watches)

Here's a video of Matt holding the bird.
You hear my neighbor Sherri in the background telling it to bite him....
Look at the look on Matt's face. It's priceless!


And I saved the best for last:
THIS video is HILARIOUS!
This was when we were done playing with the bird because he was starting to get MEAN!
And Matt was trying to put him back on the fence, but he wouldn't go!
He just kept BITING HIM!!
LOL


Let's hope we all don't catch the BIRD FLU now!!

Comments

pcerik said…
I knew Matt probably liked "necking" with "birds"--like the British term for women--but I didn't know he took it literally!
pcerik said…
This comment has been removed by the author.