Army Wives

Ok, so we waited a WHOLE YEAR to find out what happened at the Hump Bar at the end of Season one. And I was SO excited when it finally came back on, but then kind of disappointed. I watched the 1st season religiously! But we're only two episodes into season 2 and I'm already ready to call it quits. Here's why:

  • Why does the character of 'God' always have to be played by an old black man? I mean, old black men are great and all, but why do they always play God? God isn't an old black man, so... I no likey.
  • Roxy & Trevor's completely UNREALISTIC video teleconference that they had at HER HOUSE from a TENT in Iraq! First of all... if he's having to live in tents, I'm dang sure he's not gonna have INTERNET ACCESS in his tent! And IF you get lucky enough to get a chance to have a VTC, you have to go to a designated place where the VTC is set up, and you get a 10 minute slot. That's IF the reception works. I went to a VTC once where I got sent home because the connection from the US to Germany was good, but the connection from Germany to Iraq was bad. The ONLY time Matt and I ever talked to eachother like Roxy & Trevor did at home, was when we were lucky enough to have the internet working semi-good, and it lasted for about 1 minute. Yes, matt had internet (which he paid the price for) in air-conditioned CHU. But when the webcams worked (which was a rare occasion) there was ALWAYS (no matter what) a time delay, anywhere from 5 - 30 seconds! Roxy & Trevor were talking clear as day like they were on the phone! So, just so you know... that little webcam thingy that they did would NEVER go that smoothly in real life!
  • Added stupidity to the show was, FIRST> when Denise Sherwood was gettin all friendly with the parapalegic; SECOND> when she tried to play like she's a biker lady; and worst of all, THIRD> when she actually took him out of the hospital to have a beer, AND as an adult, gave into PEER PRESSURE to drink a beer. ARE YOU SERIOUS???? I almost had to turn it off right after that! Is there a rule that says that ALL Army Wives all have to be little whores that cheat on their husbands?? And if not cheat, at least ALMOST cheat, or THINK about it. COME ON! There ARE faithful wives out there!!! I'm one of them!
  • How Roland the psychiatrist now has random EMO teens coming to him to talk about their EMO problems because "he's cool". PAH-LEEEEEZ!!! And how the surviving Holden Family daughter wants to blow up soldiers now??? O M G!
  • They couldn't have picked WORSE characters to play Roxy's two boys. They look nothing like HER, or EACH OTHER!! I know they're supposed to be only 1/2 brothers, but still... shouldn't they resemble their mother at least a LITTLE BIT?? Plus, they're completely retarded and terribly actors! UGH!
  • The gay thing Claudia Joy did with her daughter with her hands to teach her how to drive a manual car!! SPARE ME!!! GAG ME WITH A SPOON!! GET ME A BUCKET!!! I liked the way her dad was teaching her!!


Ok, I think that's it. I just don't think I can watch the show anymore. It's completely lost my interest, and just gets stupider and stupider. It's not worth my time!!

Comments

Ashley said…
Couldn't agree more. You have never met such a huge Army Wives fan as I am,(blogged about getting ready to watch the new season earlier this month), and after every episode, I wonder how much more I can stand! We so need to get together to discuss this! I hate the Holden's new younger daughter, she is so dumb!!! I could go on and on...the web video was even dumber, glad I wasn't the only one to raise an eyebrow...