so we decided to go to the pool.
Little did we know, that everyone in our neighborhood decided to go to the pool too.
We knew practically everyone there!!!
Here's the Nan takin a dip in the kiddie pool:
Matthew is learning how to back float for one of his Cub Scout requirements
Nathan & Natalie playing in the pool together
Kenzie got brave and found out that she can jump off of the diving board!!
(Look at the highest platform... Mommy jumped off of that one (story to follow))~*~SPLASH~*~
Here's the VIDEO of Kenzie's pool plunge
Story:
Okay, so in that first picture of Kenzie jumping off the diving board, I pointed out the highest platform. Matt jumped off of it, and then dared me to do it. So I look over at it and thought, "eh... it doesn't look THAT high. It's just a little higher than the others."
Then Kenzie says she wants to jump off of her diving board at the same time that I jump off of the highest platform. I agreed. So we walked over there, she went to hers, I climb up the ladder, walk to the edge, look down and think "OH CRAP! This is HIGH!"
But there's no going back at that point, so before I could even think myself out of it, I walked off of the edge, plugged my nose, and pointed my toes!!!
I was falling... and falling... and FALLING... AND FALLING....! Filled with Adrenaline and gaining speed by the millisecond, I got scared and started thinking, "I'M NEVER GONNA HIT THE WATER!"
And then ~*~SPLASH~*~
Matt said, "Wanna do it again?"
I'll just let you guess what I said ;o)
Here's Nathan playing in the pool. He's not afraid to get his face wet or to go under
He asked me to take a picture of him doing "Dr. Shakala"
So here's Nathan doing 'Dr. Shakala'
(another story to follow)The saying "Dr. Shakala" was born at Aaron Hite's pool, because their favorite thing to do is to sit in the hot tub for a while, and then roll from the hot tub into the pool to "SHOCK" the muscles, cuz he said it's good for you. So Nathan does it too. So in the picture, he's rolling off of the concrete into the pool, Dr. SHAKALA style!!
Believe it or not, we know every kid in this picture.....and in this picture too!
It was a fun afternoon at the pool.
Matthew liked the sign that said,
"WELCOME TO OUR OOL"
"Noticed there's no P in our pool... let's keep it that way!"
Comments