Our Week in a Nutshell

HAPPY MAY!

Here's a quick recap of some of the things we did this week & last week....
things that you could totally live your life without knowing.


Let's start this blog off last SATURDAY

My good friend Sarah who is pregnant with baby number SIX (no she didn't plan on having six children, but she loves kids so much she just can't stop having them! LOL!), had a baby shower!

She is having a GIRL! It's exciting because her only other girl is McKenzie's age. Her name will be VIOLET and, sadly, they are PCSing to Ft. Benning, GA before she will be born. I'm very sad because I love Sarah! She is so much fun! So I'm going to have to wait until we get to Ft. Rucker, AL (if we ever do) to meet Violet! They'll only be 2 hours away!


SUNDAY
ended with a little bitta
BROTHERLY LOVE I peeked in on these two the other night before bed, and this is how I found them.
Matthew asks Nathan if he can sleep in his bed.
:o) I'm glad they love each other :o)

I'm also guilty of snuggling with my sister when I was little.
Here's Jaylene & Me (stop looking at my underwear you perv!)



MONDAY
On Monday morning, we at breakfast with Kenzie & Matthew in their school cafeteria because I had to take Nathan to an ENT (ear nose throat) appointment at Tripler Army Medical Center at 11:00am, so I kept both Nathan and Natalie out of preschool that day, so we had enough time to eat breakfast with Kenz & Matt.

It was Pizza Sticks, Cinnamon Toast, Apple Juice, and Chocolate Milk
Nathan didn't like all of the kid noise...
I'm not sure how he's gonna like Kindergarten if he doesn't like cafeteria noise...
Nathan update:
for those of you who didn't know, Nathan has been failing his hearing tests at school, and his teacher asked me to do a follow up with our doctor. So we went to our doctor, and he referred us to the Audiologist. So we went to the Audiologist and they did all sorts of freqency tests on him, and then put this thing on his head behind his ear, and then told us that his inner ear hears fine (they could tell because of the crazy thing that sends sound through his skull to his inner ear), but that there is something blocking the way in the ear canal, and that's why he's failing his hearing tests. So they referred us to the ENT.

SOOOO..... we went to the ENT, and he said that Nathan has fluid in his ears, enlarged adnoid, and giant tonsils. All of which he needs to get surgery to take care of. So now we have to schedule a surgery for poor little Nathan to get tubes put in his ears to drain the fluid, his adnoid removed (why he always sounds like he has a cold), and his giant tonsils removed :o( my poor baby. Matt and his friends are calling him "Bubble Boy" because so many things are wrong with him. Poor kid. We'd better stock up on pudding, popcicles, jell-o, and ice cream...which is how I convinced him that it's ok to get the surgery.

On Monday Afternoon.....
after the doctor, we went to Waikele to check out a new store that opened.
But we hit McDonalds first What kid doesn't love McDonalds? I DO! (obviously)

After lunch, we went to the new store called Dave & Barry's
It was still their Grand Opening, so everything in the store was $9.98

Nathan found these glasses and put them on and said, "Look mama! GEREMY'S MOM!"
HAHA! We had a good friend, Griselda, who used to live here and she wore sunglasses just like those! I thought it was crazy that he remembered her!! But then again, who could forget Gris?

After Dave & Barry's, we rode the trolly all the way around and back to our car


WEDNESDAY
On Wednesday Morning....
My BFF Christa has a crappy work schedule this time around, and she gets Wednesdays and Sundays off. So I snagged her this Wednesday and we went to this thrift store called 'Savers' in Waipahu. Here is a fun outfit that I tried on:

I shoulda bought the pants huh?!!

I also got this AWESOME mixer for when the power goes out!
Matt says that I really got it for the Second Coming.
I said,
"Yeah, I really wanna make Jesus some cool "welcome back" cupcakes with my cool mixer!"It's all ERGONOMIC and everything
(my new word, thanks to Matt... he's so smart! and I'm not!)

On Wednesday Evening.....
Every Wednesday evening is Mutual night at church.
That night we were making our Mother's Day gifts. The girls were making little wooden signs that say "God couldn't be everywhere, so he gave us mothers."
Although I tend to disagree a little... I really DO think that God CAN be EVERYwhere....
but it's a cute sign anyhow.

Also, MY LITTLE PROJECT, they made little Hershey's Kisses roses to give to their mamas during sacrament meeting. Here's my example I made for them. We're gonna give a bouquet of 6 to each mom.
It'll be really pretty!

Here's the fineto product
ME FINGERS HURTY!!!


THURSDAY
~Matt has been gone for one week~

On Thursday I got a new washer cuz my old one went T.U.
So the local braddahs came and installed my new one, and then said,
"Uh...Ma'am? this one doesn't work either... can we come back later with a different one?"
SO they did.

After the washer fiasco, my PHONE got a mind of it's own and froze up. So I popped the battery off the back to reset it, and it wouldn't turn at all!! So now my PHONE is going T.U.!
So I drove to the store in Mililani where I originally bought it, and the dude messed with it and then said that they can't do an in-store return without the original box and everything.
THEN he asked if I'd sent in my rebate yet, and I had, and he said it wouldn't work anyway because the box needs to have the barcode on it. I was like "Whatever" and then went to the other Verizon store in the Pearl Highlands in Aiea.
However, I dropped my phone on the ground when I was getting out of the car, and lo and behold, IT WORKED! Dang it!
So, I explained the situation to them, and they were very helpful. I didn't get a new phone, but mine mysteriously worked again, so whatever.

While I was there, I took the opportunity to buy myself my mother's day present to myself...
A BLUETOOTH
Happy Mother's Day to Me!
Now I can't get pulled over for talking while driving and get my lisence suspended for 6 months! Matt always says to me "I'm not driving you around for 6 months!"
No worries Matt!

After the Verizon store, we went to Dairy Queen for a Strawberry CHEESEQUAKE bilzzard, and then walked down to the craft store to get more stuff for the Hershey's Kiss roses, and I couldn't leave the store without buying
A NEW WEBKINZ!!

Meet FLUFFY!
My 2nd Webkinz.
Yes, I know it's supposed to be for kids, but I know plently of adults who play with webkinz, and if YOU are among the adults who plays with their webkinz online, add me as your friend :o)
I am TheFergyMama

Here's Fluffy and Daisy together. They are so happy together!



Finally...TODAY!!!!!
FRIDAY

Today, McKenzie & Matthew had the day off from school, so I played hookie and called up Nathan & Natalie's teacher and told her we were going to the beach!
So we called up Reina, who is also husband-less, and asked her if she wanted to go with us, and she did.

Here's where we spent our day, all day long. At the kiddie pool.

Here's cute Nathan giving his brother AND sister a piggy-back!

Oops! Face in water! He didn't care though. It's all part of the fun!

Hang on tight, Matthew!

goin down! They were having so much fun!

Here's Natalie gettin a suntan and hoarding all of her new diving sticks

Kenzie spent most of the time in the big pool, but when it was 'adult swim' she graced us with her presence in the kiddie pool for 15 minutes.

Here's Natalie making friends with Reina

and here's another
WHAT NOT TO WEAR
TO A FAMILY POOL!!!!!
a THONG?????
Seriously lady....for the love of the children at the pool...
COVER YOUR BUTT!


THAT CONCLUDES OUR FUN FILLED WEEK


I'm going to end this blog with "Deep Thoughts, by Jenilee Ferguson":
Jack Johnson said it best when he sang
"Everybody thinks that everybody knows about everybody else....Nobody knows anything about themselves cuz they're all worried about everybody else."
Think about it.... and if you wanna hear the song it's called
"Wasting Time" on his "On and On" album.
It's towards the middle of the song.
I know, I know...Obsessed much???

Comments

Angela said…
You absolutely crack me up!
Everytime we see big glasses I put them on and say "Who am I?" and the kids say "Griselda!" I miss her!

I want to hang out with you soon because you are so funny!
I was scrolling down enjoying the read when all of a sudden, AHHHH, it was a picture of me! A scarey picture of me looking like a complete dork, so what else is new right? Anyway your week looked fun, I went to Steve and Barrey's after talking to you and bought a TON of stuff for Sterling for soooo cheap! Thanks for the tip!! Keep up the good blob!!! I think I am the "blob" in your blog this week!!
Anonymous said…
HEY! Busy Week! How awesome it is that you are so involved with everything! I'm jelouse! and Yes you should have bought those pants! They are STELLER!