Daddy finally came home from PTA (Pohakuloa Training Area) on the Big Island, YESTERDAY! He wasn't scheduled to come home until today, so it was a good surprise to hear he was coming home a day early. He was gone for a WHOLE 19 DAYS!!!
I think now that we have that whole 15 month deployment under our belt, 19 days was a piece of cake!
He came home around 3:00pm in a group of 3 Blackhawk Helicopters
Here's the picture he sent me from his phone:
He said that I might need to pick him up, because they were going to land on the opposite side of the airfield than his truck was on, so I packed the kids up and parked on the other side of the airfield, and listened for helicopters!
He said he was in a group of 3, and that he thought he was in the 3rd helicopter (which he was), and after about 45 minutes of waiting, WE SAW THEM!
Here's the video of the Blackhawks landing
YAY! He's Home!
Here he is waiting for the weapon truck so he can get rid of his weapon.
Which one is he???
THAT ONE!
He's so handsome! Even from far away!
Hi Daddy!
He had really long hair (compared to normal)!
We're very glad he's home.
He sent some pretty interesting pictures while he was gone,
including this one:
He pinched his hand under a .50 cal. can when he was loading his M2!
OUCH!
On a random note, here are some random pictures I got off of my phone that I felt I should share:
#1. A rainbow over the Class Six store
(the only place they sell liquor)! HAHA!

#2. A cute picture I like to call "Like Father, Like Son"
Matt & Nathan at the gun store

#3. "ALWAYS STOP AT ALL STOP SIGNS"
standing at a T in the road,
holding a sign that said "Always stop at all stop signs"

I DO!
I think this was part of her extra duty for getting in trouble!
So to add to the humiliation, I stopped long enough to get out my camera
#4. Saimin @ McDonalds

This is SAIMIN.
For those of you who don't know what "Saimin" is,They call it Saimin here.
So anyway, now that you've been educated on what Saimin is, and how to say it

I'm not so good.
#5. Celeste's Glasses
The kids had a birthday party to go to on Saturday, and my neighbor Sherri left her little girl, Celeste, with me while they went to the Swap Meet, so that Celeste could go to the party.

#6. CINNAMON ROLL DAY!!!
Everyone knows that I don't miss Cinnamon Roll Day for breakfast at the kids' school!And last Tuesday was cinnamon roll day. Here's what I get:
TWO CINNAMON ROLLS (cuz we all know i need 2)
PORTUGUESE SAUSAGE (not my fave)
CHOCOLATE MILK (which i also steal from the kids)
and APPLE JUICE (which i trade for more chocolate milk)
#7. The Classic Myspace Pic
My neighbor Tamara (who is only 13) came over and bugged me while I was cleaning my car. She was being a psycho that day, and was messing with my phone. I thought she was taking a picture of herself, so I was mimicking the classic myspace picture that people take of themselves, and she took a picture of me, without me knowing.
I thought it looked funny!

Last, but not least...
#8. The Newest Members of the Fergys I started babysitting for my neighbor, Nicole, while she started her new work schedule during the day. So I have her 2 kids, Brinya (3) & Brenton (11mos) from 9am till anywhere between 2 and 4. They're easy kids. I just have to take them with me when I go get Nathan & Natalie.
Natalie & Brinya are BFFs, and she loves it when Brinya comes to her preschool,
but I think with Matt home, I can just leave the kids with him while he's home for lunch!!
Comments