Here's how my mother's day unfolded:
With Matt still training on the Big Island, it was up to my kids to make my day special. Matthew & Nathan slept in my bed on Saturday night because Kenzie & Natalie slept in my bed on Friday night (the kids beg me to sleep in my bed when daddy is gone). So this morning I woke up to the sound of rustling newspaper, which was Matthew getting his mother's day gift off of my night stand that said, "Don't Open Until Mother's Day".
I said, "Sure! Go get the girls!"
Then I peek a the clock and realize that it's only barely 7:00!!!!
which was a picture frame that he made:
Then I opened my second present from Matthew, which he made at school
Here's Matthew proudly displaying his fine works of art:
Next I opened Nathan's present he made in preschool:
I love how the hands are carefully placed on the body,
and how the shirt part is very colorful, but neatly done!
Here's what his picture looks like close-up
Haha! I guess "creatures" was the missing word!
He also made me a couple of cards (on his lap)
The yellow one is a happy face card with two holes from a hole-punch as the eyes,
I think he is ready for Kindergarten.
Her litlle person frame totally reflects her personality.... RANDOM!
Here's her close-up picture:
Last, but certainly not least, was McKenzie's present,
which she'd been working on all week long!
((front))
((inside))
((back))
How very thoughtful! She made me a card!!
Here's what was inside the card:
A Coupon Book!!
I love the "Mahalo Mom" part
I'm definitely gonna use this one!!
Did you notice what she wrote inside the card???
I'M AN "AWSOME" MOM!!!!
How cool is THAT??
But I think she's turning into a pretty AWSOME kid!
The older she gets, the better friends we become!
Did you see inside of the daisy?WE ARE HOLDING HANDS!!!
I really appreciate the time and effort she put into making this card for me!
She could have just put the coupons in an envelope for me
but, no.... she made me a sweet card that I will cherish forever!
Here's my sweet little Kenzie Benzy
Here's Natalie sneaking a cookie while I'm admiring my presents:
So THAT was just the present part....
After presents came BREAKFAST IN BED!!
They said, "Do you want oatmeal mommy?"
I said, "Sure!" hoping maybe we had some apple cinnamon left.
"One pack or two?" she said.
I said, "One will be fine thanks."
Then they came running back up, "Do you want toast Mommy?"
I said, "Ok."
"Peanut butter or cinnamon?" she said.
I said, "Cinnamon."
About 10 minutes later, here comes Nathan up the stairs, dragging a tv tray behind him.
Kenzie & Matthew shortly follow him, and present me with my WONDERFUL Mother's Day breakfast in bed which consisted of
DINOSAUR OATMEAL
TOAST made from bread that had been in our cupboard for like 2 months!!!
and a cup of WATER :o)HAHAHAHA!
As you can see, I ate as much as I could.
While I ate my *special* breakfast...
Kenzie went downstairs and made ever body SCRAMBLED EGGS for breakfast!!!
What the heck?
I get the crap leftover in the cupboards and you get hot scrambled eggs?
Hahaha!
of course, I'd NEVER say anything, but good things about their breakfast they made me. But I just thought that it was pretty funny.
Hey... I'm not complaining.
So after breakfast, we all got ready and went to church, where we got to pass out those kiss roses that I made last week (see previous blog) and where we also got a single red rose from the whoever... bishopric? elder's quorum? I'm not really sure.
After church, my BFF Maggie invited me over to her house for a mother's day dinner.
It was wonderful! I enjoy her company very much!
Then we watched 'The Other Side of Heaven' which is an awesome movie!
By the time the movie was over, it was nearing 9:00pm, so we all said goodbye and piled in the van (yes I drove to her house even though she lives literally two blocks away).
I got in my car, turned the key over, and NOTHING!! My car went to crap!
So we called Maggie's dad out who has mechanical knowledge, and he pointed out that the post coming out of the positive side of the battery, somehow melted off. So there was a short, and that's why my lights were being all dim and weird. So now I gotta keep Nathan & Natalie out of school tomorrow and get a new battery for my car. Oh well.... I'm glad it broke at Maggie's house where her dad can fix it rather than mine.
And WHAT'S UP WITH THAT??
My husband is a Mechanic right?
So then why does my car only break WHEN HE'S GONE???
I'm glad it's just the battery and not like the alternator or something!!
But I guess all in all... it was a HAPPY Mother's Day :o)
I thank my Heavenly Father every day for sending me my four wonderful children! What a blessing they are in my life! Today, instead of taking the day off from being mom, I embraced the joy of motherhood! I would be nothing without my family!
Comments