
I met them at their house at 4:00pm, because Fara had to be there early to practice.
When I got there, Moana was pinning Fara.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember her saying that each pin represents a year in Hawaiian studies. And she has THREE!
Here's Fara's class ring and her Hawaiian Studies Pins
(the woman on the pin is the Hawaiian Princess who founded Kamehameha School)
Mama pinning Fara
...one more to go...
~*kiss*~
All pinned and ready to graduate!
Awwww....
Fara & her Mama
da gurlz in da cah on da ride into town!
Charne' & Me
Me & Charne' being silly
The Program
Shina and I were finding the longest ones
and trying to read them
Tashina with her classic pouty lips
I guess this is the only silly face I have....
Shina, her brother Po'u, and their cousin (sorry i forgot her name :o(
Here are the graduates walking in:
Blue & White
No caps & gowns!
just leis!
The whole class SANG!
And they sang so beautifully!
Here's the video of Fara walking.
(notice that she's barefoot from practicing a chant that you will see next)
"Fara-Mone' Kristen Kapi'olani Akhay. Academic, Honors, Diploma."
Here is the video of Fara's Chant
AFTER the graduation ceremony is where the MADNESS happens!!
We all went into this big room where everyone was holding up signs with pictures of their graduates so that the families could find them!
Everybody had an assigned spot to stand according to their last name.
Here's Fara's Sign!!
(Exit 8 is the one you take to get to Wahiawa, so some of her friends call her that)
The Soliai Family also made Fara a sign
Here they all are holding it up for herThis is what it looked like!
(good work, Shina!)
She's HERE!
(hugging Tony Soliai)
Her Nephew, Jodeci, placing a lei crown (if that's even what it's called) on Fara's head
Fara with the Soliai's
(Tony, Fara, Dakota, & Tashina)
Yay! ME with Fara!!!
The Akhay Family
(Moana, Fara-Mone', Charne', & Frank)
Have you noticed Fara's leis piling up?
It reminded me of this comic from a local book called
"Pidgin to da Max"
Compare the two pictures below:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HAHAHA!
It's definitely "Graduation Day" Local Style!!!
Here's Fara & Shina
Friends & Family
And the grand finale...
Fara with leis up to her EYEBALLS!!
I was cracking up!
Look at how loved she is!
Here's her Diploma
The picture of the Hawaiian Princess who founded the school
(i can't remember or say her name)
Camera Hog Charne!!!!
I LOOOVED this shirt!!!
Even I got a turn holding the signCharne helping me hold it up
This is where you wish you had smell-o-vision
because this is a lei Fara gave me (because she's nice)
that smelled INSANELY GOOD!!
It's a Puakenikeni lei
Time to go on her Senior Trip!
!!!WE LOVE YOU!!!
Comments
Becky
Big Mahalo for sharing those pixs with everyone. You surely have the Hawaiian spirit...sharing and love.
Mahalo for being my friend and sista and I'm sure my ohana feel the same about you.
You too have a wonderful ohana, continue to love them and cherish them.
Much Aloha,
Braddah Frank